Wed, Mar 4, 2015, 6:56 AM EST - U.S. Markets open in 2 hrs 34 mins


% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Exelixis, Inc. Message Board

  • beststockstoownnow beststockstoownnow Jul 17, 2013 11:33 AM Flag

    I have just sold my trading shares for average of $5.13

    EXEL core looks good, but I think markets in general getting ready for a pull back. In any case, my trade holds, and if it pulls back again, I will buy again. Cheers. All is good. Now there you have it clear. Long on the core, out of the trade shares again.

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • Incredibly silly move

      Sentiment: Strong Buy

    • he's silent now.. reminds me of Nomad. As soon as there is movement either way you can bet he will be back saying how great he is doing.

      • 1 Reply to zjitters
      • In fairness to beststock, at least he stated his position and holds his core. Hindsight tends to be 20/20 - in retrospect he probably wouldn't have wanted to be selling into such volume strength, but live and learn. What happens next week will be interesting - the 4 year anniversary of the MEDX deal on the 22nd, right? ;)

        The trading looks like some big institutional buys and some short unwinding. EXEL has been very good at controlling information - so I think if there' s a leak it's on a deal/partnership, and not related to trial advancement or sales. Very nice run this week, hope it has "reset" the trading range.

        Sentiment: Strong Buy

    • real dumb move

      Sentiment: Strong Buy

    • I guess the maxim that "I got rich selling too soon" holds here.
      Do you see another good entry point below $6?

    • OK - great. So just to be clear, you just directly contradicted your prior statement to this one, correct? First you were going to hold, then you sold. Perfect. Your strategy is as crystal clear as mud. ;)

      • 1 Reply to stockkarr
      • Not really. I have said many times that I was looking for over $5 on my trading block, and hoping for $5.25, which I decided was not likely going to happen. You seem to miss the actual point, in order it seems to discredit me. Fact is, I have said for months, when to buy, and the range to sell. It has been 100% accurate and on target. As well I now post exactly when and what I do immediately so it is clear. I am not obligated to sell or buy at any particular price, and at any particular time. When it comes to trading, I do exactly what I feel is the right move, based on risk/reward. Say what you will, to date, this has worked for me, and I do not see or read ANY other person here who does likewise. Its all general stuff, vague at best. And now: I will hold my core position, and wait for another trade on pull back. If it does not happen, it does not happen. Sold my gold stocks I traded this week this AM as well. Cash is where I want to be, but am looking at shorts and QID currently with interest. Cheerio, keep trying, or better suggest something better! Which I doubt will happen, by the way.

3.00-0.090(-2.91%)Mar 3 4:00 PMEST

Trending Tickers

Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.