Why stop at $50 per share? Didn�t Hambrecht & Quist just recently upgrade Pixar to its buy-focus list with a target of $60 per share?
To summarize recent data:
- Hambrecht & Quist upgraded Pixar to its buy-focus list with a target of $60 per share.
- This quarter�s earnings exceeded all analyst expectations.
- �A Bug�s Life� is now released on both video and DVD. (Sales appear to be very strong.)
- A new line of �A Bug�s Life� merchandise is now available in stores throughout the country.
- �A Bug�s Life� will soon become the third-biggest-grossing animated feature of all time, bypassing the prior Disney/Pixar blockbuster �Toy Story�.
- Disney and Pixar�s next movie �Toy Story II� is currently on schedule for this year�s Thanksgiving holiday.
- �Toy Story II� has an all star cast of actors, including the extremely famous �Tom Hanks�, �Tim Allen�, �Kelsey Grammer�, and �Joan Cusack�.
- The �Toy Story II� teaser trailer will run on Disney�s summer animated release Tarzan beginning on June18. (I sure hope that we have another buying opportunity before then. As William Shatner would say� �This is going to be Big. Very Big !!!�)
- The �Toy Story II� teaser trailer will kick off a major marketing campaign culminating with the release in November. This campaign will be one of Disney�s largest marketing campaigns this year.
- There are already 50 licensees for merchandise for �Toy Story II�, including Mattel, Hasbro, Hallmark, Applause, Johnson and Johnson, and Thermos.
- �Toy Story II� has six major promotional partners; McDonald�s, Tropicana, Dryers, Nestle, General Mills, and Toys R Us. These promotional partners fund major advertising campaigns for their film related promotional tie-ins, beginning shortly after the film premiers, thus significantly extending the awareness of the film.
- The tentative dates for merchandise to begin appearing on store shelves are Aug. 15 for the returning characters and Oct. 1 for the new characters.
It appears to me that Pixar�s stock is ready to fly well beyond $$$50�
Good luck to all serious investors. You�ve chosen a true winner.