as mentioned prior, last couple of qtrs we went ex divi on the 27th, i think someone posted we had announcements on the 17th and 21st....
well with no word this a.m. and i hope they don't bury in a friday afternoon release (never like to see after close on friday, usually not good and i can't imagine we have anything to hide)..... i'm guessing they will have to back the ex date up a few days... can't imagine they would announce monday the 25th with only 2 days to ex date... infact i hate that even with a monday release we only get mon-thur with no good friday trade.
not sure what the thinking is on pushing it back into the easter vacation?
This is not looking good. At first I thought the delay was to let the stock run for a while to get it up for a secondary, but it looks like 23 is the ceiling until confirmation of a paydate. I noticed that most companies are now shortening the time between declaration and exdividend to the lowest time allowed by law. Now the longer they delay, the more they will be offering into the risk of a market downmove.
That said, the q4 earnings were strong enough to offer a small increase and still accumulate a half a buck of undistributed income by the end of the year.
The last declarations were Dec. 19, and Sept 21. Nothing after the close today, 21'st, so maybe friday 22nd, morning before the open. I was not too otpi about much, but 24 is not an outlandish target for next friday, especially if there is a nominal increase.
looks like we have lost our push to divi for the time being, selling today with decent volume in an up market.... i'm guessing we don't go higher until we get announcement.... the market is telling management it wants to see some numbers.... time to show us the money!