According an email response that I received from IR last night, the reason for the delay is the time to prepare of their first 10K. I advised them to pre-announce such things to avoid unwarranted speculation about dividends and SPO's
I think you hit the nail right on the head! This is a new mReit and it may take some time before the SPO ducks line up.
I would encourage everyone to take a look at the last chart and see what happened after the last and only SPO.
Good to hear you chime in.
What do you like regarding puts in our current market?
I can't believe the love being given to some toppy issues that have shown nothing tangible in earnings or revenue growth. TIF, LLY, BMY,
MFA increased their dividend 10%. This bodes well for mREITs in general.
In any case, I decided to sell, taking 2 quarter's worth of dividends off the table. I'm ok with it if WMC increases its divvy. I'll wait for the SPO.
I agree. If announced after the close today,I think we will not like it. I believe management owes us owners a valid explanation for the inconsistent dividend announcement. I may become an ex-shareholder later today.
Lie smith !!! I bet you plan to start or add to a WMC position later today. To me it looks more amateurish than ominous . I had plan to sell b/4 ExDay but will hold this round. Next quarter will consider sell on run up. WMC is going to have a very good number but I could have sold for $24+ if they had their act together .
Sentiment: Strong Buy