Tenacious initiator of change expedites the identification and resolution of tough issues. Generates employee excitement and engagement, and raises morale through democratic and participative leadership. Conceives and steers the business to success embracing challenges, listening to customers, implementing unique and specific programs to extract costs, boost quality, and maximize productivity. Technically-minded communicator, simplifies language, encourages opinions and discussions
Responsible for all aspects of Celestica’s Quality Management System including overall strategy, framework, performance, IT systems, external certifications, supplier quality and continuous improvement programs. In addition, was responsible for the assembly, test, engineering systems, and Design for Manufacture road map development and implementation for the company globally. Delivered the following results in over 20 sites located in 15 countries and in support of industries spanning consumer electronics, enterprise computing, aerospace, medical, communications, industrial, and military:
- Championed quality performance improvements of 7x in the area of customer delivered quality from 2008 to year end 2012 and a rolled first pass yields increase of 4.5%.
- Ensured over 100 successful industry certifications worldwide per year with no failures and covering ISO 9000, ISO 13485, TL9000, AS9100 and ESD ASNI 20/20 standards.
- Ensured over 100 Green Belts and Black Belts trained worldwide which in turn delivered several million dollars’ worth of operations savings per year.
- Development and delivery of Celestica’s engineering best practices program for all key sectors within the manufacturing enterprise globally.
- Continued to drive the Technology roadmap and Capex plan
- Authored monthly Key Performance Indicator rollup at the company level including the preparation of the monthly operations letter to the CEO and the quarterly Board of Directors Operations Update Letter. Chaired monthly KPI reviews with the EVP EMS Operations
- Worked with site GMs to set all Key Performance Indicator targets for 2013
- Led Lean Six Sigma 'Best of the Best' award selection and presentation globally