% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

H&R Block, Inc. Message Board

you are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the posts
  • moorelindaellen moorelindaellen Dec 30, 2007 7:29 PM Flag

    Can someone answer a tax question for me?

    I use cash basis accounting and this is not my first year in business. I freelanced for the company for 16 years.

    I like your Option #1--Get the payer to issue a corrected 1099 if the first one is incorrect.

    Since I have not yet seen the 1099 (although I know a check was cut and never mailed), I don't even know for sure if I have a problem. I have sent the CEO an email asking when I will be paid and looking for reassurance that my 1099 will match what I've ACTUALLY received. I have not yet received an answer.

    It was a small company, so I have lots of emails back and forth with the CEO fully documenting the fact that they were a "slow pay" for years and that I was not paid for my last project. I would have little problem documenting my case if I needed to.

    I'll keep you posted. Thanks for your help!

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
34.18-0.32(-0.93%)4:01 PMEST