wow in the rabbit hole being a convicted felon is no different then being investigated and accused of something on FAUX news, LOL
After receiving a hardship discharge in 1972, following his father's heart attack, Issa earned his General Educational Development (GED) certificate and began taking classes at Siena Heights University, a small Catholic college in Adrian, Michigan. He continued his military service by joining in the Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC)." Twice that year (1980) he was arrested. In the first incident he was indicted by a grand jury for an alleged theft of a Maserati, but prosecutors dropped the charge shortly thereafter. In the second incident, he was stopped for driving the wrong way on a one-way street, and a police officer noticed a firearm in his glove compartment. Issa was charged with carrying a concealed weapon; he pleaded guilty to the lesser charge of possession of an unregistered firearm, and was sentenced to six months' probation and a small fine. Issa has said he believes the record has since been expunged.
Message to Darrell Issa: BRING IT ON! 4 second(s) ago
I can't think of ANYBODY I'd rather have conducting a witch hunt against my side of the aisle. Maybe C-SPAN can flash a little biographical information under his face as color commentary every time he asks a question:
Darrell Issa (R-CA):
- Was arrested for grand theft auto ... TWICE (with service records ALSO showing that he was accused of stealing a fellow soldier's car during his time in the Army). Later started a car alarm company... NO, SERIOUSLY... LATER STARTED A CAR ALARM COMPANY. SERIOUSLY.
- Claims to have served in the Army for 9 years, but Army records only show 5 (most of which were logged during college ROTC). Received a bad conduct rating and was demoted during his time in the active military (oh yeah, and did we mention he was also accused of stealing a fellow soldier's car?), leaving the service 2 years before his tour was over.
- Was investigated for arson and insurance fraud in connection with a suspicious fire at his company. Had greatly increased his fire insurance coverage just weeks before the fire, and had removed the company's computer from the premises and locked critical operational documents in a fireproof safe just days before the fire - neither of which he had ever done at any other time previously. Investigators also found that a flammable liquid had been poured in THE ONLY AREA WHICH WASN'T PROTECTED BY FIRE SPRINKLERS.
- Was arrested on illegal weapons charges ... TWICE. Later, he threatened a subordinate with a handgun at his own company's offices (he somehow avoided arrest in this THIRD gun-related incident).
- Claims to have worked Richard Nixon's security detail during the 1971 World Series, even though NIXON DIDN'T ATTEND EVEN A SINGLE 1971 WORLD SERIES GAME.
Etc., etc. ...
LMMFAO@DARRELL (and his brother Darrell, and his other brother Darrell)