Fri, Sep 19, 2014, 2:41 PM EDT - U.S. Markets close in 1 hr 19 mins

Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

La Jolla Pharmaceutical Co. Message Board

  • melfan2004 melfan2004 Oct 15, 2004 12:01 AM Flag

    From a practical standpoint...

    Approvable and subpart H approval would both have the same effect. Either way, the product would have to wait until the current phase 4 study is finished before it could hit the shelves.

    LJPC doesn't have the cash to manufacture and market the product on their own and would need a partner. No partner would take the risk and put up the cash until the phase 4 study was completed. Therefore, either way, we needed to wait till phase 4 is completed. There is no delay. If anything, this decision really makes everything more clear. We finish the phase 4 and if all goes well, the product hits the shelves.

    Since the risk associated with marketing and manufacturing a drug which may eventually need to get pulled has now been eliminated and the only costs now are to complete the phase 4 study, I would expect to see a partnership deal come soon now. This announcement most likely will result in a quicker partner deal than if subpart h was granted. There is much less risk for a potential partner to assume now.

    Since we already had a big selloff, maybe once the initial panic ends tomorrow morning, who knows, we may bounce back and finish green tomorrow.

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
 
LJPC
9.00-0.15(-1.64%)2:41 PMEDT