volume stays high. Learn to trade these at a free
educational site with BBS, chat room (9PM to midnight ET)
where traders answer questions, basic theories,
information links and much more at:
Bought ORB (then ORBI) at dollar averaged 24 +
per share. Ironically, a few days later I read on the
net that the worst time to make an investment
decision was when you were ill. Well I asked Commission
Bobbie what he thought when I was about to use most all
of my margin near 50 per share. RESPONSE: Somebody
thinks it might go higher. Did not sound right, so I
asked the question a second time. I got the same
Bailed out at 39. Picked up more at dolar averaged 29.
Then got some more at 21 on a Friday. By Monday I was
getting a margin call cause it had dropped to 17 +.
Bailed out of the 29 shares at 33, kept my original
shares and took a tax loss. Was reading a post by a
Pickle 007 (THANK YOU PIckle 007) during Christmas
vacation and got in PSUN on 1/4/99 with a market order at
16.25. Still have have and was slightly in shock to see
everybody head for the door due to a 1.2 % difference in
SSS from an overly rosy projected scenario.
Anyway, put on a sidecar at 33 which I later sold a few
days later. Stores in South Florida seem to be doing
pretty good business based on simply getting a feeling
on how long you have to wait to see a yellow bag
emerge from the store - my Saturday
2 hour "yellow
My gut says SSS will be decent
Was interesting to read someone
owning the same two stocks and partially having the same
After many frustrating long term strategies, I
have evolved into a trader. Sorry folks, I'd rather
make 10-15% on my money 10X to double. PSUN is a
trading stock. My two cents--- don't try to catch a
falling piano, it hurts! Buy it on a 10% dip and sell on
the gain. It's a great company........ but it gets
beat up one time too many. With all sincerity best of
luck. California Dreamin......in CT.
Wow. Your responses exceeded my already high
hopes- THANKS!! I'll hold on for the ride. Didn't
Greenspan say that only "moderate", "Pre-emptive" moves
would be necessary and forthcoming? If the increase is
50 instead of 25, I'll shudder if he ever says that
drastic moves are necessary.
Another question, if
you don't mind. I have very little knowledge of the
aspects of technical analysis of stocks. I have spent
considerable time learning about fundamentals, and I can't
really complain about my overall performance after only
three months. My question is: where does one go to
determine if a stock is "overbought" or "oversold"?
Also, for what it's worth, my partner's broker called
him to hawk INTD, currently in the 2's and "going to
$7". I PROMISE I will not become one of those
spam/scam pushers on this or any other board, but since the
broker is probably recommending that stock to many
people, I'll throw it out there for your own
Thanks again for your help.
Your question is a good one. What many people do
in this case is wait for an indication of a reversal
to the upside before buying more. You may miss the
low, lows but you don't have to wait around while your
money sits there. One indication is strong volume
confirming a reversal. IMO it has to be more than one day,
or you are just day trading. It's easy to spot once
you see it happen a few times. Then again, it can
surprise us all.
If you are nervous, you may want
to wait a bit. I think that psun is holding well
with the fed jitters that the market is experiencing.
Don't worry too much, it will reverse to the upside.
It's just a bummer waiting sometimes.
averaged down a few times, you just have to have lots of
patience. Maybe ignoring the stock for a while. That is...
in the case of a fundamentally strong stock like
I think I mentioned this before but I
first bought this stock at $26 then watched it go to
$17 very quickly (no stop) after an analyst
downgraded it. I bought more at $17 and then watched it tank
further to $12. I wasn't too happy but then I satisfied
myself with research that showed the stock was strong
and was just very oversold and rode it back up. It's
not fun to watch so I didn't for a while.
it is fun to watch it go back up. :-)
I am wondering if
Greenspan is going to go a quarter or a half point. Should
be an uncomfortable ride for a bit.
my holdings are reacting to their respective great
news in this environment.
and its always been a disastor. My worst
experience was with orb. Bought at 48 then 33 and now its at
23. The times i should have averaged down and didn't
the stocks soared back to double or triple..tlab
being my biggest goof at buying at 75, watching it drop
to the low 30's and doing nothing and look at it now
split and almost back to 75 again.(At least I held onto
it) Moral of that story..don't do what Gusowner does
<g>. Actually moral of that story is it depends on the
companys future. I personally think this one has a good
future but for once in my life I was lucky enuf not to
have bought at the high.
Can somebody explain a 4% loss after a split?
What is the usual (historical) pattern- if indeed
there is one? I have very little experience (I started
in April 1999), but logic tells me that the buying
peaked just before the split, and now (or in the next
few days) will be a lull...and a buying opp. Am I
You may be a rookie, but it looks like you picked
a nice, steady winner here. I personally am tickled
pink to own a stable company with nice growth
prospects...and i've only had it less than a week and have 13% in
my paper profit. There was a time when many years
ago when I would have been satisfied with 13% for the
year return, much less in a matter of weeks. And that
without a risk of a .com after its name. Go psun.
I've been guessing in the market for years, some
educated, some not. A helpful publication I've found is
AAII Journal by American Association of Individual
Investors. Their web site is http://www.aaii.com.
In my opinion it is a buying opportunity. You
never know how low it will go, another point or maybe
three, but it will resume an upward trend IMO. This
stock has a history of getting into an oversold
position whenever the company performance doesn't match
the analysts' predictions. If the company was loosing
money that would be one thing but that isn't the case
With the additional stores opening
and the online trading this stock has much upward
potential. Perhaps not to the giddy heights of the internet
stocks but upward potential nonetheless.
believe, by looking at the charts, that we are in a
slightly oversold position with buyers waiting to see if
we go a bit lower before jumping in. Once there is a
commitment to an uptrend we should see the technicals return
to a buy signal. Kind of like the cart before the
Go to this chart. (address below)
The stock is getting a sell signal at the moment, but
as soon as buyers see a commitment stick over the 50
day moving average, (the blue line), we will be once
again under a buy
Good luck all.
John&Dan...It's the old saying, buy on rumor and
sell on news! The talk was the split and the news was
that it happened. I have a buy in at 20, the same as
30 before the split...it could happen, but then we
should sail higher from then on...happens with splits
alot now a days
the movement of the price is part of profit
taking and part of the anaylist bullshit---but when the
july same store results come out in august and the
webb site results are as good as they believe they
will be, then the price will be in the proper
level---what ever that may be.