Brain tumors are one of the deadliest forms of childhood cancer.
Smashing Walnuts Foundation (Google it); and by the way, shame on Adam F. and every basher!
Brain tumors are one of the deadliest forms of childhood cancer. When she was nine years old, Gabriella Miller was diagnosed with a walnut-sized inoperable brain tumor. Gabriella’s family literally began smashing walnuts with a frying plan as a symbolic gesture to support her battle against her tumor.
Sadly, we are now rapidly approaching 16,000 kids diagnosed annually. This number has increased from an estimated 12,500 diagnosed annually in 2008. For 2014, the ACS has estimated the number of 15,780 new cases of cancer will be diagnosed. That's 43 kids every day.
• The chance of a child under 20 being diagnosed with cancer has been increased to 1 in 285. This compares to the previously commonly quoted estimates of 1 in 300 or 1 in 300.
• Cancer kills more children than any other disease in the U.S., more than asthma, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, and Pediatric AIDS combined.
• Pediatric brain tumors aren’t like those in adults. Children’s brain tumors require specific research and different treatments.
• 72 percent of young people diagnosed with a brain tumor are younger than age 15.
• 11 Children die every day of cancer
“You may have a bad day today, but there’s always a bright shining star to look forward to tomorrow.” Gabriella
Great post and very important companies like NWBO and others continue to work quickly towards an approval of a vaccine or drug in the fight against cancer. If my child had brain cancer, I would be contacting NWBO about possible use of DCVax on a child and fly to Germany for procedure and treatment.