Notes I took based from the Needham Growth Conference. I do not know if video was available as I had audio only and some screen views I obviously missed some additional info. I highly recommend this as a must hear for Neon investors.
* Currently 24 global OEM contracts ( fortune 10 & 100 companies )
* as announced in Q3 58 design wins. Q4 not released as of yet
* 9 patents
* 50 patents pending currently
* 12 million
* chips designed with TI are in 20 to 25 million devices which use Neonodes technology
* Large cellphone company with concave setting
* Working with companies such as elevator manufacturer to elimante mechanical button failure
* Have helped a large printer company to help remove all buttons and use a small touch screen
* estimates show by 2015 2.5 billion devices will contain some form of touch capability
* Some of our largest customers can't be announced as of today pending their products being launched
* 12 automotive design wins with basically all leading manufacturers engaged which means we are also working with their Teir 1 suppliers
* currently working with the top office eqiupment manufacturer
* They Presented an actual feature phone that was modified to be able to show pending products launch.
* 75% lower cost than other technologies including the lowest power
* 10 times faster than competing technology including the ability to not need actual contact for touch in areas such as healthcare.
* under water touch capability such as rain as well
* 2013 to 2014 certified this year with Microsoft.
* working on flush Glass design I-phone kinda of look reducing silicon from edge to Edge. Then he said we are almost finished with this device now
* moving into user interface software areas
More info but battery is about to die on I-pad. If I only had their technology I would not have used so much power typing these points;)
just listened to the conference...everything above is accurate. also:
---now with 3 finger touch, 5 finger touch coming in 60 days and 10 finger touch in 24 months.
---besel free design in next few months
---TI has very large sales force that is pulling us into large customers.
---focusing on customers with 10...20....to 100 million unit orders.
----roughly getting $1 per unit depending on customer and application
---auto applications are roughly $12 per unit compared to capacitance which costs $100 per unit. ALL major auto suppliers involved with their tier 1 suppliers to use NEON technology.
---Volvo product can be a dealer add on for this year but will be built into cars starting 2014.
---focusing on largest OEM in each industry and expect the smaller manufacturers will follow suit.
---working with aviation and military applications....also elevators, GPS.
---office...working with top OEM with products by end of 2013.
---can convert feature phone to touch phone for less than the cost of the buttons on a feature phone.
---large feature phone OEM working on a phone with touch technology.
A final comment about the Needham conference. I just remembered that the speaker make a point about differentiating Neonode's IR touch to other IR technology. He commented about Neon's solution being analog and that the benefit of this is that the touch is perceived between the grid lines, not just along the grid (like others). This is my interpretation of what he said. They have patents to protect this distinction from other IR tech companies. I have read some authors who express the limitations of IR touch, which does not apply to Neonode's solutions.
Thanks guys. Mfcav the optimism and confidence that I've wanted to hear from management came through loud and clear today. These guys are gaining traction and folks are starting to notice. I've followed Neon a pretty good while and the future looks brighter than ever before.
Doc ur a good sport... But just in case good idea:)
Feeling good about this little small cap. Long Neon