1 users liked this posts users disliked this posts 1
A little Blackstone History
In 2007 Blackstone went public as the owners knew the top of the market was upon them and they needed to hand the bag to someone else. So they sold the company to unsuspecting shareholders who quickly found their $35 dollar investment go down to $5.
Now your thinking, what a smart company they now when to buy and when to sell, which is very true. But they also know how to make their share holders bag holders as well and trust me the share holders will not see a dime of the profits from Hilton. 80% will go to the people Blackstone invests for the remaining 20% will go to Blackstone in fees (as per their contract with their clients) and that will go to pay for expenses and bonuses.
Blackstone will do what they know how to do best and that is hand shareholders the bag (and that is not a bag of gold). This stock is well below their IPO price that they set after seven years while other companies are well above theirs IPO price and beyond, there is a reason for this. This company has been very successful but that success will never be reflected in the stock price. If your long bx congrats your the bag holding lackey bx is looking for.
Down even more tomorrow and for 4 of the 5 days next week. Less