I've owned HCDC for about 3 years. The merger was very good for those of us that bought HCDC in the 5's and 6's and watched the stock languish in the low 1's for a while.
I held it to see what would happen after the official merge date.
Yesterday, when we were near the high, I signed on to my account to trade my converted XCAR and found that I couldn't because my broker hadn't recieved what it needed (converted shares?). So yesterday, I could not trade HCDC or XCAR. I was forced to hold and watch the XCAR runup.
If there were others like me, then today was a lot of HCDC owners selling what they could not trade yesterday. Some, still at a loss.
Now that they have been flushed out.(I'm still holding) We may see some more upside.
I figured if I wanted to force this issue up someone's a**, I could. But when I see that my former HCDC shares are the only positive thing I have in my portfolio, I fgure I probably should just hang on.
BTW, my broker that gave me this information is E*Trade. So you all may want to keep this in mind when searching for replacement brokers.
If they can't sell converted shares for you until a day or 2 after the merge, find a broker that can.