...i will hold long was tempted to sell last week but now im definetely stick to my position on odp ...i dont like it when its manipulated this way but hopefully when the good times come we shall have some good profits
IF there is an LBO afoot, (say BC Partners or Bain Capital as have been rumored) they may be waiting for two things, first the hysteria to calm down over the Change in Control agreements which drove the stock up, and secondly the quarterly announcement on Feb 22. If the announcement is bad, it will drive the stock down further so they can buy up shares cheaper. BC with two seats on the board I am sure is aware of what the announcement will bring. If the announcement is good and profits beat estimates they may make a move in mid February before the announcement Just my opinion.
If there is any credence to the OMX merger idea, they may be waiting as well for their announcement which I think is a week before ODP.
Or we could just be waiting for someone to tell Steve Schmidt the truth so he can lead this company to the promised land (what a bunch of rubbish!)