Sun, Jan 25, 2015, 4:56 PM EST - U.S. Markets closed

Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Molycorp, Inc. Message Board

  • willneedy willneedy Jul 5, 2011 4:40 PM Flag

    MCP - Momentum Update 7/05/11 - Sell-If

    We have continued a sell-if rating today. A bearish Harami Cross pattern emerged on 7/01/11. Our original sell-if was posted on Friday July 1, 2011. Since MCP did not trigger a sell confirmation today, we advice to continue doing thier homework tomorrow by watching the pre-market and whther or not MCP confirms a sell under our 3 criterias. If MCP fails to confirm a sell tomorrow, a sell will be void and you must wait for another sell-if to emerge. A sell-if can exist for 2 successive trading days at which time if a sell has not been cinfirmed, then a Hold will emerge until further notice.

    We had a buy confirmation issued 6/20/11 at $52.53 per share. Since then, MCP has gained 11.56%.

    All trades based upon 10-day momentum versus 20-day average of 10-day momentums. Buy when 10-day momentum price per share crosses over its 20-day average of 10-day momentums (Confirmed at 52.53 per share). Sell vice versa.

    Starting with an initial $1,000 investment and letting all gains/losses rollover to next signal.

    7/05/11 58.60 $2,404 (Sell-if)
    6/20/11 Buy 52.53 $2,155

    6/8/11 Sell 53.21 $2,155
    5/24/11 Buy 60.67 $2,457

    4/18/11 Sell 75.18 $2,457
    3/22/11 Buy 52.57 $1,718

    3/11/11 Sell 46.82 $1,718
    3/3/11 Buy 49.83 $1,828

    3/2/11 Sell 48.77 $1,828
    3/1/11 Buy 49.10 $1,840

    2/16/11 Sell 48.87 $1,840
    1/31/11 Buy 46.81 $1,762

    1/6/11 Sell 52.86 $1,762
    12/1/10 Buy 30.00 $1,000

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • We posted a SELL CONFIRMED today. The previous BUY recommendation was issued on 06/20/2011 (12) trading days ago, when the stock price was 52.53. Since then MCP has gained 10.83% .

      SELL-IF was confirmed by a black candlestick with a lower open and a lower close. The selling price is the previous close ( 58.22) according to the sell-if warning of past two days.

      The recent bearish pattern leading to the SELL-IF signal is confirmed today. The market is poised for a bearish move. The day’s activity created a black candlestick that closed below the previous close. This is one of our valid bearish confirmation criteria.

      We hope that you sold this stock . Your important benchmark was the previous close. You were supposed to watch the pre-market carefully, feel its bearish tendency despite the higher opening and sell your shares at the open.

      Starting with an initial $1,000 investment and letting all gains/losses rollover to next signal.

      If you sold stay away from this stock until a "buy-if" is confirmed. If you did not sell, maybe you will still get a chance to sell in coming seasons at better prices.


      7/06/11 Sell 58.22 $2,388
      6/20/11 Buy 52.53 $2,155

      6/8/11 Sell 53.21 $2,155
      5/24/11 Buy 60.67 $2,457

      4/18/11 Sell 75.18 $2,457
      3/22/11 Buy 52.57 $1,718

      3/11/11 Sell 46.82 $1,718
      3/3/11 Buy 49.83 $1,828

      3/2/11 Sell 48.77 $1,828
      3/1/11 Buy 49.10 $1,840

      2/16/11 Sell 48.87 $1,840
      1/31/11 Buy 46.81 $1,762

      1/6/11 Sell 52.86 $1,762
      12/1/10 Buy 30.00 $1,000

      • 3 Replies to willneedy
      • A bullish pattern has developed and a buy-if is posted today.

        The previous SELL recommendation was issued on 07/06/2011 (1) day ago, when the stock price was 58.2200. Since then MCP has fallen -1.43%.

        The last two days MCP posted a Bullish Harami Candle Pattern. This usually indicates a reversal in recent bearish trend but its reliability needs to be confirmed tomorrow.

        First you must do your homework. A good starting point may be to keep an eye on after-hours and futures trading to get preliminary hints about the direction of the market. Related news, events, economic data, and the world stock markets should also be closely followed prior to confirmation session.

        A confirmation will emrge tomorrow if MCP can maintain today's close. Buy if MCP gaps up but make sure MCP trades above today's close. You may want to set a close stop slightly below today's close or at today's close if it gaps up large. If it gaps down, wait for a sign MCP can cross back over today's close.

        Today's close is your benchmark buy/stop.

        7/06/11 Sell 58.22 $2,388
        6/20/11 Buy 52.53 $2,155

        6/8/11 Sell 53.21 $2,155
        5/24/11 Buy 60.67 $2,457

        4/18/11 Sell 75.18 $2,457
        3/22/11 Buy 52.57 $1,718

        3/11/11 Sell 46.82 $1,718
        3/3/11 Buy 49.83 $1,828

        3/2/11 Sell 48.77 $1,828
        3/1/11 Buy 49.10 $1,840

        2/16/11 Sell 48.87 $1,840
        1/31/11 Buy 46.81 $1,762

        1/6/11 Sell 52.86 $1,762
        12/1/10 Buy 30.00 $1,000

      • 58.6 is the previous close--Price may well bounce to the 57 - 57.5 area tomorrow--If it does I may take a modest short position--lol.

      • LOL!
        What BS!!!!!!
        Too funny!
        "Bearish Harami......just gibberish.
        If their were anything to technical analysis, technicians would rule the world.
        What a load of crap.

 
MCP
0.2801-0.1005(-26.41%)Jan 23 4:03 PMEST

Trending Tickers

i
Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.