I have to say my experience with the service department for my A70 was a very bad experience. All the people I talked to very very unhelpful and very unpleasant. I will never go near another Cannon product again. In fact I will be all over the internet , photo clubs and any other media I can find to express my disatisfaction. Should have know one with the name Latoya would love to give whitey a hard time.
I think Canon cust service people were mean to you to you because they determined you were a technological oxymoron who kept forgetting where the on/off switch was on his A70. I completely sympathize with them. Canon consumer imaging products rock (if you have at least half a brain.)
I agree the company has no goodwill and their products are inferior. I also had the Canon A70 what crap, it lasted 6 mo. under light use and they refused to honor the warranty. We should start a class action.
I have a canon i850 photoprinter that has been giving me 4 flashing amber lights indicating "According to Canon's manuel" that I need new ink cartridges. After spending almost $70 on Canon ink, still having the same problem. I called Canon Support and they were no help. I tried emailing service and this was thier response:Thank you for your inquiry. We apologize for any difficulties with the flashing error message on the i850.
Please follow these steps for isolating and resetting the printer:
1. Open the printer's front cover, and then open and close the print head lock lever (do not remove the print head).
2. Make sure all ink tanks are seated properly.
3. Make sure all packing materials have been removed.
4. Make sure no paper is jammed in the printer.
5. Disconnect the printer cable from the printer.
6. Close the front cover and turn the printer off.
7. Unplug the printer from the power source, and then plug it back in after 30 seconds.
8. Power on the printer.
9. Attempt to print a Nozzle Check pattern by holding down the Resume button until the Power light flashes twice.
10. If the error returns, the printer will require service or the print head will need to be replaced.
The print head is available directly through our vendor. Our vendor may be reached by calling 732-521-7230, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. through 8:00 p.m. ET.
Thank you for choosing Canon.
Naomi Product Support Representative
Still no help. Canon products are inferior and thier tech support are under trained.