Seems too me that Brazil could become the worlds number 1 economy by 2020 given their energy reserves, sugar cane energy, ag. play and young population. They seem to have it all!
Your comments on politics are far too reasonable for Yahoo message boards. Don't you know that everyone on here is supposed to call Obama a communist dictator in the making? I didn't vote for the man, and I don't agree with his politics. But I am gonna be honest. Some of the rhetoric coming from the political right these days scares the crap out of me. It's like the John Birch Society and the ghost of Jerry Falwell have taken over the GOP. Bill Buckley must be rolling in his grave. It's sad we have no effective opposition to Obama besides a bunch of heavily armed (as they repeatedly remind us) loons.
Obama's "Science Czar", John Holdren wrote the following in his book Ecoscience
• Women could be forced to abort their pregnancies, whether they wanted to or not;
• The population at large could be sterilized by infertility drugs intentionally put into the nation's drinking water or in food;
• Single mothers and teen mothers should have their babies seized from them against their will and given away to other couples to raise;
• People who "contribute to social deterioration" (i.e. undesirables) "can be required by law to exercise reproductive responsibility" -- in other words, be compelled to have abortions or be sterilized.
• A transnational "Planetary Regime" should assume control of the global economy and also dictate the most intimate details of Americans' lives -- using an armed international police force.
John Holdren is a friend of Peter Singer who believes it should be okay to abort a child up to the age of two because they lack the "essential characteristics of person hood" which he says are rationality, autonomy, and self consciousness. Ironically, this radical leftist is a professor of Bioethics at Princeton.
I agree Brazil is headed in the right direction, but to worry yourself about Obama becoming a dictator is ridiculous. The right wing needs to get a grip just as much as the left wing did when they were calling Bush Hitler. Deficits are an issue, Obama knows there is only so much deficit spending he can do. You don't need to worry too much, the dollar won't drop much more from these levels.
I import into Manaus. That must be what your family members are using, however, I find duties still have to be paid after they leave Manaus, just less than if they had come through another port.
"Brazil will always be a great economy, because they have more natural resources than everyone except USA"
The reason why the USA can not utilize her natural resources is because of Liberal Loons !
Cap and Tax is not a Energy policy.
Imagine how much better the USA would be without Liberal Loons !
Having purchased a summer residence just above Rio 6 yrs. ago gives me a little insight as to what's going on in Brazil....which has some growing pains ahead ...but is headed in positive direction(and with a surplus)In comparison,Obamas' "new change" appears to be headed towards a spurious dictatorship creating a staggering deficit.
China,just recently, has become Brazils' largest trading partner.
"100% duties on my product" is a nebulous statement.Have inlaws in Rio who import from China but operate in a "free trade zone".When they compare the cost of importing similar products..U.S. vs China ...they invariably come out ahead with China.
Have a nice day..