This stock has done incredibly well the past week + and I'm actually back in the black on my net investment. I'm skittish and have thought about selling to solidify my gains but what does everybody think in terms of long term price?
If your gut tells you to sell, then sell ~ No one ever went broke selling at a profit BUT plenty went broke (or lost a significant portion of their nest egg) holding on to the bitter end...You can always buy back in at a later date OR you could just sell a portion of your position and cost average down if the market takes a dive...I hold no position here but NYCB is firmly on my radar screen and would love to get in under $14 ~ No t wishing anyone losses but $14 or under is where I need to be for my first 1000 shares...Looks like a good reliable stock with a nice div and good mgmt...
I have spent 35 years in the banking industry and I know this organization. Too sell now would be a major mistake. The facts are, the overall operating environment for banks nationwide is improving. As a general rule of thumb, as rates go higher we will see margins improve. The economy is picking up so quality loan demand will also rise. NYCB is in some of the best markets in the country. They have a large capital base and looking to expand. I consider them one of the best banking investments in the country. Exceptional management, good non-interest income, conservative loan culture, and creative on the deposit side. Hang in and enjoy the dividend and give this investment another 12 months. We should easily be trading over $20.00 within the next 12 months.
Why dont you look thru your portfolio and see how many other stocks have been paying seven and eight per cent the last several years It wont take you long When they acquire the 50 billion bank that is accretive There will be another JUMP
been in for a long time, years, collected divs as shares every quarter, and intend to hold. Those divs will now pay off big time, as stock will steadily rise in the years to comeIn the black again myself,but Ficcalora has my confidence, and he is not abouyt to sell (willingly) any time soon, more likely he will acquire.