One quick correction: Bidu reports October 27, 8pm.
I really like your post; having gotten mashed more than my share of times, I know exactly how you feel and I want to help, if possible.
In the interests of full disclosure, I'm a long term, buy and hold investor and a decade or so ago, when I did dabble in momentum trading, my results were only middling, the benefits mostly offset by the increased taxes.
That said, if I were desperate for short term profits I would avoid buying Google tomorrow (opening, what, $590-ish, you figure?) due to the risk that the 'sell the news' effect will offset the phenomenal bounce from earnings within a day or two. Buying Bidu seems safer; it'll open up far less than Google, and it stands an excellent chance of rising between it's opening price tomorrow and its Oct 27th reporting date. At the close of business on the 27th, I'd take my (hopeful) profits and then switch sides and go short. Regardless of what you decide, I wish you good luck and great profits.