BIDU is technically broken stock right now (fell through 50, 100 and 200 DMA).
Look for further downside before commiting funds for a trade.
I will be closely watching bidu stock movement and also congress super commitee and european financial problems before buying calls in Bidu.
Untill then wait for it. Looking for 115-120 levels before i make any moves.
Look what happened to bidu last time it broke these levels. It sand 10%+ before rebounding. So to maximize profits, wait little longer before going long, but if u r long term invester, 120-125 is good entry point.
I ll be waiting and watching.
We r getting closer to entry point.
When i posted this initial post saying dont buy yet, bidu was at 126-129 range, with recent drop, we r getting closer to 108-112 support and great entry point intra day . If it even gets to 115, i will buy calls but will take in consideration market action and also that sp500 broke down technically.
100% cash but looking to enter somewhere between 108-112 and also buying goog at around 560 level
You dont have to follow but take it in consideration at least.
I take in consideration a lot of smart ideas i read on here.
Trading involves a lot of homework and analizing - have assumption and thesis and then try to disprove it and write down ideas against your initial assumption. This way you can see both sides of your trade (why buy call, then think why buy put - analize in depth). This is only way to be profitable 80-90% of time and it works to include DMA, RSI, Volume analysis.
We can share our ideas based on data ( technical, news, etc) and we can all be better off.
Good luck all
You either investor or trader
That impacts when you buy or sell
I am a trader so to me technical analysis is very important and for you as an investor, you have to look at long term growth, balance sheet, so on.
I don't like buy and hold strategy so i try to make money through out the year by trading my favorite stocks.
but be careful holding BIDU long term, sometimes taking profits is good thing. (you bought at 110, you could have sold at 150$ took some profits and then re-entered at 120 range for long term position.)
You hold too long, and you end up in RIMM and NFLX situation where you lose. Your call and good luck whatever you do.
Well, I have to admit that the technicians all seem unified in their view of Bidu as a stock looking to crash, not rebound. I posted an article in the other thread that completely agrees w/ your point of view.
I wish…It is other way around. Some of my BIDU profits paid for the trip so it is ok…But, I had fun.
Watched a fight (picquiao) however you spell it, at MGM grand and gambled.
It was good times.
Like i said few days ago when bidu was at 128$ level that u will get a chance to buy at 115-120. Today was that day
I still didnt get in because i was not home to trade.
I will watch over all market in days to come especially since super comitee failed again and europe troubles are only starting with no solution in sight. China is heading lower as well.
Wait for bidu to go lower if you are trader and if you r investor you probably should have bought today around 120$.
I m on d side lines still with 100% cash but i am watching bidu closely. Technically this stock is broken so until it goes down anoth 5-8% or breaks through DMA, i m not trading it yet.
I like BIDU stock action a lot for the past couple days ---> plowed in at on sale price $119+/share yesterday and got OUT at $126+/share today. Will wait for BIDU to pull back again to reenter..
Now I have my eyes on a couple of darling big cap tech stocks on sale which start to reverse their downside trend.. Will play these two puppies tomorrow..
Euro, welcome back!
Also, overall mkt is poised to go down this week, S&P is likely to get around 1170 (IMO) before we see any upswing. My favs are BIDU, AAPL, MA and ISRG, hope to buy Calls early next week. I have PUTs on PCLN and AMZN, will unload them tomorrow.