That's what I had originally thought, but given
that the quarter-million block was sold right around
earnings were reported, it could very well have been R.
Walters himself selling. At any rate, it seems that this
Walters deal has so far been a real albatross around our
went off was nothing more that STAF no longer
meeting the requirements of one particular fund in a
mutual fund Co. and was moved to a different fund in the
same mutual fund Co. That is one of the explainations
I got about that 250,000 block that went off. Yes,
that trade caught my eye also. If indeed this is what
happened, would it not show as a trade?
u should buy staf right now
balance out your
and i agree c Catfish
have sold 1/3 of each
bought petro and Pharm
still shorting the hell out of
much $ there last 9 months
if it hits $7 do
I looked at Man--they'r not doing very well, and
one huge reason is that the co has a large exposure
in France--larger than in US!! Problem? France has
recently adopted unfriendly tax changes that have hurt the
bottom line. France is also looking into a reduced work
week...I would question Rufus' "analysis."
I'm sure you are right. However, Staffmark told
us up front that Walter,s was going to sell some of
his stock as soon as he could. I can't blame him, not
a great idea to have all your eggs in one basket.
Since I'm a value investor, I'm
actually selling the richly priced tech stocks that I
scooped up cheap a couple of years ago (when techs
weren't cool) to buy stocks like STAF and oil companies.
Is this stupid? Could be, I won't know for a couple
years. As far as the turtle and frogs, I hope STAF is
the sleeping rabbit resting before he takes off
again. I'm just praying he's not dead!
Since the Walter's deal was an all stock purchase
they are able to sell stock after Staffmark reported
4TH quarter. So your on target with your analysis of
the stock movement. PP the reason your required to
hold your stock for a year is because you did a
combination cash stock deal. When you have that feeling that
Staffmark is goimg to crash and no recovery is in sight,
the buyers will run the stock back up. The same
applies on the upside. It's tough but Staff will be back.
That's a good question. I know when I received
STAF shares through an acquisition, one of the
stipulations was that I had to hold on to the STAF shares for
1 year before they could be sold. Well that blew up
in my face. I wish I could sell them now but I'd be
fool to do so at these prices. I've got to hold
whether I like it or not.