1. Americans spend $36,000,000 at Wal-Mart every hour of every day.
2. This works out to $20,928 profit every minute.
3. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.
4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target +Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.
5. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people, is the world's largest private employer, and most speak English.
6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the world.
7. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger and Safeway combined, and keep in mind they did this in only fifteen years.
8. During the same period, 31 big supermarket chains sought bankruptcy.
9. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.
10. Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are Super Centers; this is 1,000 more than it had five years ago.
11. This year 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at Wal-Mart stores. (Earth's population is approximately 6.5 Billion.)
12. 90% of all Americans live within fifteen miles of a Wal-Mart.
You may think that I am complaining, but I am really laying the ground work for suggesting that MAYBE we should hire the guys who run Wal-Mart to fix the economy.
This should be read and understood by all Americans Democrats, Republicans, EVERYONE!!
To President Obama and all 535 voting members of the Legislature, it's is now official you are ALL corrupt morons:
A) The U.S. Postal Service was established in 1775. You have had 234 years to get it right and it is broke.
B) Social Security was established in 1935. You have had 74 years to get it right and it is broke.
C) Fannie Mae was established in 1938. You have had 71 years to get it right and it is broke.
D) War on Poverty started in 1964. You have had 45 years to get it right; $1 trillion of our dollars is confiscated each year and transferred to "the poor" and they only want more.
E) Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965. You have had 44 years to get it right and they are broke.
F) Freddie Mac was established in 1970. You have had 39 years to get it right and it is broke.
G) The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. It has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion a year and we import more oil than ever before. You had 32 years to get it right and it is an abysmal failure.
You have FAILED in every "government service" you have shoved down our throats while overspending our tax dollars. And, you want Americans to believe you can be trusted with a government managed Health Care System? You have to be joking. We should kick you bums out of office and hire Wal-Mart to run our government. Wal-Mart seems to know how to run a business. Why don’t you people in Congress just admit that what you are doing is beyond your pay grade and resign?
Here is an article about North Korea you all should enjoy. The other articles on this website can also be interesting although some have an anti- authoritarian bias that might get a few folks upset, the facts are true. If in doubt do your own reasearch.
Your statement number 5 about employment is totally misleading.Most of these employees are part time with no benefits.If they mention the word union mamagement finds a way to push them out the door.I call them Wal-Mart slaves.
Most of the people running Walmart with high paying jobs started out in the part-time or bottom rung of the ladder. Hard work, good attitude, work ethic and talent allowed them to advance. Those attributes aren't found among union workers.
Better to be a "Walmart slave" than a welfare sponge. Even though it may not pay as well as welfare, it comes with hope and dignity.