What Romney believes!
1 Reducing taxes and regulations will create jobs. This was the policy under Bush that took our country from a budget surplus to a budget deficit and failed to sustain a vital growing economy.
2. Only those individuals currently covered by medical insurance should be covered for pre-existing conditions.
3. Competition between the insurance companies will reduce medical costs. Isn’t this what we have today for everyone under the age of 65? Have you premiums gone up and health care improved?
4. The current Social Security system should be changed to allow individuals to invest their retirement funds in the stock market in hopes of getting a higher return. How much money would you have lost if you had sold the stocks in your retirement fund at the bottom of the recession?
5.You believe that higher income earners (those in the top 10%) should pay taxes at lower rate than Warren Buffet’s secretary or the average wage earner.
6. Taxes and regulations, not the lack of demand, were the major cause of the recession.
7. That the banking and financial industry does not need to be regulated. What do you think caused the housing industry to collapse and the banks to need financial aid from the government to survive?
8. Women should be paid less than men for the same job.
9. That the United States should increase its military spending even though the U.S.
already spends more on defense than the next 13 countries with the highest defense budgets.
10 That companies are people and should be allowed to make unlimited political contributions without disclosure.
It is your vote. This former Republican is voting for Obama
One thing you forget is that W took a projected $5.6 trillion surplus and turned it into a $5 trillion deficit. and ntm that his fy 2009 budget request of $3.1 trillion dollars was a 63% increase over his first budget request.Obama's 2012 is about 2% more that his 2010 budget (his first)
isn't it clear who has increased federal government spending more?
for the record:
24 February 2001
"President Bush said Saturday that the most important number in the budget he sends to Congress next week is the $5.6 trillion surplus it projects over the next 10 years.
That huge projected surplus provides the underpinning of all the administration's tax-cut and spending plans, Mr. Bush said in his recorded weekly radio address."
( does anyone really think keeping those tax cuts and adding in more romney tax cuts will pay for increased military spending, medicare as is for all 55 and above..... and medicare as is for all younger if they choose it......, and plus deficit reduction ....right????......plus an indefinate stay in Afghanistan per Romney...............YOU are the same ones that did the last tax cuts that resulted in the above........... are you sure the math works on it THIS TIME? any details?)
Some people have short memories and only believe what they hear on biased news outlets such as Fox and MSNBC. I choose to get my information by actually reading the candidate statements and getting non biased news via the News Hour. I guess that is why Romney wants to cut the funding to PBS!
#1, it was the wars that broke us, so you're wrong that is what Mitt believes.
#2 definitely isn't what he believes.
you're just FOS all the way down the line. Hey, you like it the way things are, stay with it. Will be a long 4 more years with the great divider in the white house.
His campaign actually stated that if you already have insurance, you will be guaranteed to be covered if you have a preexisting condition. But has made no mention what happens if you currently don't have insurance or if you lose it and go an extended period of time without it. Meaning, only individuals with insurance are guaranteed.
You are correct the war was a big factor. Both the war and the prescription drug program should have been paid for. However, Bushes tax plan also contributed to the national debt. Do you deny these facts? If so please explain why the budget surplus left behind by Clinton disappeared under Bush's watch. It is time to stop listening to Fox and try the News Hour where they try to present both points of view. Our country will be better off.