I got in ABT a couple of weeks ago at 47.84 in order to capture the DIV. Now, its headed back down. Crap, I hope I didnt get myself into a sinkhole that I will never escape from?? Please, please, buy them off of me at 47.85ish. I want out, I really dont have the stomach to ride this down to Lord knows where??? Please!!!
I'm still laughing at this one, colonel.
Try offering them at the adjusted price of 47.40, and then promise the buyer that you will remit the dividend ASAP, at the time of receipt ( Feb. 15 ). You will still be at a loss for the commission, but at least your digestion will be improved.
Is reckoner the only sane poster on this mb? Back when Buffett was loading up on AXP in 1964 or General Foods in the 1979-1984 time frame do you think he was happy or upset when the price dipped 1%? Where are the rational investors on this mb?????
If you can make money in a stock very fast, the same stock can make you lose very fast.
This stock has minimum risk.
In some stocks, the company can even go bankrupt.
Example: ARNA, PRAN (Penny stocks, etc.)
At the same time, more risk can be more rewarding (but not all the time).
well- you did better than me- i bought 6500 shares at 48.13 Monday--however I also know that everytime it gets in this 47-48 range and I day trade it and sell it- I kick myself in the ARRSSSS 3-6 mos later because its up to 51-53--AND GUESS WHAT! It will do it again like clock work--just wait and collect 1 or 2 more dividends from it and sell it for a tidy profit down the road!
It takes many years of experience and discipline to understand what you are talking about. I bought 900 shares at $48.00. We will get $0.44 this dividend. With this stock, you need to be patient.
I am waiting for $51.00 and it may go there in less than a month.
New investors cannot wait. This is like money in a bank. (very safe). When CSCO was less than $19.50, I bought and waited 30 days to be able to sell @ $20.77 (sold little bit too early).
This is Stock Market.
It is not one way Street where you keep driving in one direction.
This is two way Street. Stocks go down and up and down an up.
If you invest in a bank, you will get less than 2.00% guaranteed.
If ABT goes down, I do not look at total value. I look at how many shares I have. I will only sell when I am at least $2.00 UP!