Those watching and waiting on CLF today could be the day. Earnings tomorrow could have a solid impact, one way or the other. I don't have a great deal of dry powder right now but I'm vacillating on whether to use it on ZLCS or some CLF around $17.75/17.85. Entry point on CLF is looking good. ????
I blew that call .... read throught the report and I'm not sure why it is running like it is -- it was not that good, but it was not as bad as it could have been. Guess bad news was baked into the pps. Hope you ignored me and picked up a few shares in the low 18's.
Slugger: Good side actually did a bit better than that, bad side didn't have that much loose change in my pocket so its not going do much for the bottom line.
Like you the report didn't offer any single point but the broad based outlook shows a strong stay the coarse approach. IMHO when the economy is as messed up as it is now its got to get better and if it does iron and coal (coke) will do well. The Chinese thing is the fly in the ointment if it doesn't get better over there it could be a rough ride for CLF. I'll just sit and wait.
Jim Long and calm
I'm holding off on adding to CLF until after earnings and CC. Looks like anything in the 16's or low 17's could be a buy. They have to get some more bad news out ... there has not been a "true" volume day to blow out the leafs from the gutter yet in CLF. If it get into the 15's it is a screaming buy IMO. Volitility is the name of the game in CLF right now.... since you have a longer term outlook, nibble if you are looking at an entry point until after earning... she is a fickled stock right now... a 10% down day is not out of the question (I think).