I don't know what will happen this week, but I think you have a big win on your hands. It might be a good time to take a mini-vacation from trading. The halt is probably a blessing in disguise. Without it you might have exited too soon and had a big miss. My frustration with the halt was that I was waiting to average down and didn't get a chance to. I think you should be open to the idea that this might make a better long term investment (longer than a year) than just a quick trade. If they sell the whole company, than you have a great quick trade. But, their preference is to do a joint venture on the Burnstone mine so it can progress to being cash flow positve while GBG retains some interest in it. This would be the best scenario for increasing the value of the company, but it will take time. Announcing a joint venture doesn't take long, but progressing the mine to cash flow positive might take another 6 to 9 months. Also, it seems like GBG has traded at a discount for quite a while due to a lack of confidence in the former CEO. The interim CEO seems excellent, so if he is named CEO that benefits shareholders. The current mineworker-strike-problem will probably work itself out over the year, thereby benefiting the stock. It is widely believed that gold will rise significantly over the next couple of years, if it goes above resistance around 1900 and stays there, that raises the value of gold assets everywhere. We have to wait and see how it shakes out. But, I think you should be open to the idea that this might be a better long term position and examine the tax implications accordingly.
I don't like to buy miners on pure speculation that they "might" go up, but this one appears to be a long term investment that if all goes well will have a huge future rise in value. Their are a number of miners that are in top shape financially looking to gobble up smaller miners that aren't able to go it alone. Like Hecla for instance who recently tried to buy up U.S. Silver (USGIF). I owned both at the time and was all for it. Anyway, for 8-9c a share now, why not?