Check out the 1 year chart for KORS from mif August to the end of January, & with the exceptions of a few brief spikes either way this stock traded in the range of 50-55. Facts are Facts, almost 5 months of stagnation where even Q2 earnings or Goldman Sachs conviction list pick & price target of 485 budged it from it's range. This was mostly because mgmt in their desire to sell the second SPO pre-announced the stellar earnings & stole the thunder from the ermnings (expected good news does not have the same impact as unexpected good news). We only broke out just before Q3 earnings where there was NO pre-announcement & we broke out to $65 only to get slapped back with yet again another SPO.
I am expecting again a tight range till June where they will announce Q4 earnings. However I feel things may be a little different this time as no pre-announcement, no discount to sell the shares, less of an impact on the free float percentage wise & speculation this will be the last SPO.
Back then I did not sell 1 share & I am willing to wait again just in case as the stock seems stronger this time, for nopw 57 is the bottom which is above the 50dma & someone loaded the boat on March calls (very short time away).
Worse case scenario I stagnate with the anticipation of 1 week after Q4 earnings release we will be in the 70's.
If I owned a baseball team, I would not trade Matt kemp because he is in a slump knowing in time he will be in peak form.
you put forward a" be patient argument " however the dow is an all time record
yet this so called fast growth name collapsed in the last few days -
imagine if the dow went down -- i think it may see 54 who knows --
this stock has been self inflicted by its management -- the frinkin stock
is still hanging in the 50's after two very strong quarters !
my question to them is why did they have to rush the 3rd time to liquidate
their holdings -- especially MK -- the guy just sold 95 % of his stock --
give us a break -- -it really does not bore well for them .. the diversification
argument is a bit BS --
these guys are really moving out of their shares - why so quick
back to back three liquidations ? jesus give us retail investors a break
- and now the stock seems stuck
in the mud ! their is no guarantee its may hold 57 --- it the dow turns south-
creative, I can not dispute one word you said. Futhermore if you read my post from the very first SPO forward you'll know my deep feeling on the greed & avarice of mgmt at the expense of the retail investor, the fat cats got the prime cut!
To go further, the IPO not a single dime went to the company, everything went to the insiders, after that it is CUSTUMARY to wait till 6 month lock up periood before any SPO, they rushed it at 3 months & including the IPO mgmt sold & pocketed billions of dollars of stock in 14 months? Excessive is not the word for it. Is there a race who will be the first billionaire from their own stock at others expense. As they said in Wall Street, "How much is too much? How many yachts do you need to water ski behind"?
Now with that being said mgmt is doing a great job obviously running the buisness because what kind of signals are they giving? Obviously thay don't care but how can I say anything as I got in on the IPO at 20 so I am doing well but we should be 75-80.
Howewver this should be the last SPO as almost all is sold, I know every single company has insider selling but I wish they didn't show their greed in so many obvious ways.
Inspite or despite mgmt (take your pick) I am holding & I do feel this is the best retailer in the market even though mgmt is not shareholder friendly & yes with patience this stock will go significantly higher. I am a long term investor so I have waited & can afford to wait again, if you're short term then everyone must do whats best for them selves.
The stock didn't collapse on the last SPO it won't happen here & if it even does hit 54 this is not tragic.