% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Michael Kors Holdings Limited Message Board

  • jeffrey.hartford May 29, 2013 4:34 PM Flag

    Sale guidance

    Far more experienced people than myself here and looking for some insight. Have a moderate amount of KORS purchased at $40. Currently about 7500 shares and need to generate about 150K for real estate. Was really banking on a big bump due to such strong earnings but not to be. But it does sound like things are lining up (GS PT $90, decent rise today) for perhaps a strong move. Hate to dump stock too soon and miss a steady climb, but likely have less than a week to pull the trigger. Thoughts as to timing, or just hold as long as I can? Curious what tomorrow will bring though after hours seems trending down.

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • Have you considered a trailing stop so you minimize the downside risk? $60 seems to the your bottom and still have @$150,000. With a week to go, being ahead $180,000 ain't a bad position to be in.

      • 1 Reply to cantdance123
      • jeffrey.hartford May 29, 2013 4:54 PM Flag

        No, I have not been disappointed. Was not aggressive selling after spikes and tumbles that have occurred with this stock. I would be a brilliant retrospective trader. But had thought like many optimists a bump into the $70's might happen today. My sense is this is going to continue to trend up. If it had really spiked would have sold everything and bought after the historic tumble. Perhaps was good did not see that as it reflected an inside stock dump. so will try to sell just what I need and try to hang on to about 5,000 shares and hope we do crest 75 or 80 in the next weeks. Trailing stop makes sense. Thanks

51.31-1.12(-2.14%)May 4 4:02 PMEDT