- weak results and outlook compared to what the company so far delivered this year
- some projects delayed during the quarter due to construction issues
- sellable inventory is running low, revenues to be depressed for some time going forward
- first half of 2013 will be weak, 2nd half should be stronger as new projects come online
- US projects are not to be allowed to be accounted for under the percentage of completion method (revenues will only kick in when these projects are actually SOLD)
- dividend might go up over time but for now will stay where it is
this rather weak report and outlook won't be enough to keep the stock going - would expect some selling pressure today and next week as investors take profits. Would expect the stock to fall back to "dead money" status until mid-2013.
While you process the above information consider that hagen is a short. All of his posts concern themselves with trashing companies, or talk about short positions of his.
Also, Stan is completely correct.
I don't consider it is a bad earning. From the end of last year, I know XIN's earning may drop YoY from Q3 2012. The percentage of completion method amplify XIN's real earning power in the last few quarters, but the market understands it. That's when unsophisticated investors said XIN deserves a P/E of over 10. No, XIN's earning will have to decline in the next year. A P/E of 3 or 4 sounds more reasonable, making XIN still worth more than $5 . I said this many times, but many people don't listen to me.
Today's earning is just a reality check. I'm not surprised to see some folks get disappoint with today's earning. They just have false expectation at the beginning. That's all.
Also repeating that an annual divie above 5% for our patience is a very comfortable one in these times.
Inside "south brain" having your ten 10 years RATE bottom @ 1,6. (two weeks ago that level was 1.65 but...)
If ´m right that´s coincide with Mr Market entry point for the last run in coming months
Disc: Southern XIN POS is a NO SELLING ONE DURING 2013.
Give me a 5% or more. Staying @ nice assets better and more comfortable than toilette BillGrosspapers paying no more than 2.4% in coming months if i,m right with these predictions.
(Good Luck To All: traslating to someone asking for your american mistery letters)
CFO is making a good job here talking about the new projects and offering a lot of insights into the business. Also covered questions about low valuation, margins, buybacks, dividend, target markets, accounting.