* Possible future income stream from Augme's patent side of business
* Considering to settle with Yahoo due to last week's litigation setbacks
* Receiving a 14th patents
* Litigation defendants usually argued into infringing other Augme's patents
Canaccord presentation lasted approx 26 minutes and represented Augme well i thought! Ivan opened and talked about the company,growth and clients they have. Nath talked about Augmes patents,mobile business and lawsuits. Talked about Yahoo case being dismissed and said that this would present them with an opportunity to settle or appeal the case and they are still deciding how to handle that situation.Nath also said that a revenue surprise in ip strategy in near term to beat break even cash flow possibly coming and then they ran out of time,not sure what that meant?
I missed two important points:
* A near term income surprise from the patent side that could take Augme into cash positive
* Consider to bring in a NPE to pursuit the 600+ infringers through licensing deals
Around 80 patents pending, 1 very close to final approval, 13 issued. Cases only involve 4 of the patents.
Many defendents argue themselves into admitting they infringe on some of the patents not part of the case while defending agaisnt the patent that are part of the case.
With Yahoo they will either appeal or approach Yahoo with a settlement proposal. They have not decided yet.
However, perhaps the biggest number put on the table was that based on the 600 infringers in 9 industry veticals they have identified they believe the patent portfolio has a net present value of $5.5 billion.
I'd strongly encourage everyone to listen to the entire presentation right down to the very last comment which appeared to indicate a revenue surprise could come at any time from the IP side of their business.