First off, I'm glad I sold this the day after the election at 6.64 a share. Anyways, there was a considerable drop off today following earnings. I thought I'd bring this to all of your attention in case someone finds this to be a nice entry point. Personally I'm going to hold off, I'm already heavily invested in WMC and MTGE, but I will follow closely if it continues to fall
I can't figure out whats up with NYMT.
The only negative in earnings was book didn't really rise, but also they are not an agency reit prior to this quarters earnings so that makes some sense.
They were not really playing in the feds MBS space.
They did go out and acquire a bunch of agency paper this past quarter which showed up in the Q3 earnings.
Not sure if this is spooking investors?
Hi xx, same here- I hold April 5.00 calls. I should have stuck to my original thoughts about getting back in mid November but eh- such is life.
I think the spread compression is making people bail and sell in droves- regardless of the results for the previous quarter- they are looking ahead and believing the divi will shrink