Is anyone playing this dividend run? I think its too early to buy, but it broke 31 today.
Also, the Eliquis decision was postponed until the end of March. That's the second delay and BMY had good runs up to both of the previous dates. I was thinking March contracts if a return to just 33 could get me a double (I think it went well above that near both of the previous decision dates). I see that as a little cushion in case the fiscal cliff stuff lasts until New Year's Eve.
Thanks for the reminder on BMY, I was in on the last divi run which did ok, and will be eyeballing the Jan Calls. As far as the fiscal cliff crap, I talked to Boner this morning and we will have an agreement 1st week of Dec accompanied with a hell of a divi run-up, woo hoo
I was surveying a bid on BMY today( disclaimer to all...follow my advice at your own risk....no sour grapes if I fall on my face...kind of like dominoes last time, huh?), and I would think a minimum of 33( all things remaining stable....the big "IF") by next EX. Poor timing as we added .90 today. On any pull back going forward, I will start accumulating Short Put spreads(33/32) and long Call Spreads(31/32) for December.
Late OPEX in Dec(21st...end of world), will take us up to a week from EX in Jan. Poop will be shot especially with wrangling by Congress, I am thinking to the 31st, so no worries about missing the pull towards EX.
I hear you re March. I would enter at Jan EX in playing March.