I sold AGNC Dec. 21, 2012 for $31.142 a share. I went all cash in two stocks. Today, I bought back in AGNC for $30.89 and it went up to 31.22. I did not buy ARR back again. I will go with AGNC's yearly dividend of $5.00 a share, or $1.25 quarterly. I will make $85.00 a month more than ARR. I am going to try a penny stock (SANT for .006 a share.) Good luck to all and a Happy New Year.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
I wouldn't bet on that they are investing in other things than MBS, Their BV is sure to rise, and they have undistributed earnings. I would bet on $1.25 till the 3rd quarter then revaluate
Hope the fourth quarter spread will be the lowest of any we will see in 2013.
Carrying an undistributed taxable income of 1.52 and comprehensive income of 3.98.
It would not surprise me if AGNC couldn't carry the 1.25 for the entire year. Just need a little uptick on the long end and could get it with improved housing. :-]
The price action today has been stronger than I would have thought. All of my stuff is up nicely including my 50,000 shares of RSO which is now within pennies of fully recovering the $0.20 divy that went EX near the end of last December.
Missed my shot at MTGE. I was looking at the computer when it hit $23.08 yesterday, but didn't buy ... wasn't in my strategy at that point, but I missed a good one.
For my long term dividend portfolio, I switched most of mine over to MTGE.
I got pretty lucky on the timing as well and was able to take my gains on AGNC, and roll into MTGE at a decent price.
I'm down to 300 shares of AGNC, so I'm not holding much at all compared to what I used to have.
Unless the price gets hammered, I'm generally avoiding pure agency now.
I'll still trade options on AGNC though.
Swing and a miss for me- Doc called it right. I am considering March puts but the premium is too high.
Otherwise I will wait for earnings and the debt ceiling fiasco. Spreads are easing (not enough IMHO) but I am looking at BDC's on the next big dip for going long instead of mREIT