I bought AGNC yesterday twice: at 30.95, and 30.90.
Many of the other REITs have recovered much of the week of the 11/14 sectorwide drop.
I think AGNC will be next to recover, hence my purchase yesterday.
If trading of AGNC remains flat, we may need to wait for the upcoming E.R. to help AGNC's pps recovery.
Imo, from management's perspective, decent earnings is necessary this quarter, even necessary enough to sell prized assets to achieve such.
There are many who have never climbed aboard the AGNC moneywagon, and have been anxiously waiting 3yrs. to exclaim, "I told you it was risky", making almost EVERY quarterly earnings estimates tainted by the unbelieving.
So, imo, a bad earnings by AGNC could start a fire not easily extinguished.
It could be a NLY moment. That's what management must avoid.
This shareholder is still confident in AGNC's management which has proven time and again to be the best in the business.
Finally, why anyone would flee this stock, even if a small dividend decrease is announced would show just how much we truly do live in a climate of fear. "I'm gonna sell bacause I'm "only" earning 13% on my money".
Thanks for waking up this board,
or merely me,