I think I will. How fast do you think this recovers from the drop?
In past quarters,I sold pre ex but in the 3 days it took my funds to settle it always made up part of the 1.25 drop so I would have been ahead with buy and hold;that's what I did this time.
I had the same experience. It's a lot less hassle just hanging on to the shares. If you want protection buy some puts.
I have been away for a few months but looking at history - April 6-15 looks like the best time to get back in. Other have posted extensively on this in the past but in general, you do better off not buying right after EX