After today's pull back, I'll be looking at LINE MAY 36 Call Options for a Friday or Monday purchase.. For the May X-DIV. Now, the $36 is in the money almost $1.00. Cost 1.70 What do you all think?
Doc !! All energy companies were up today except Endridge. The Alerian MLP index was up 1.5%. If the rest of the market recovers capital will flow back ,I hope. If the Keystone Pipeline is approved KNP should hit $100+ this year..
I posted this earlier, but didn't show up
I ran numbers on KMP buying at the closing price of X-30 and selling at closing price of x-2. Average gain was 3.95 (6%), and not a single miss in 20 quarters..
Assuming EX date is about April 25th, so March 25th looks like a good one!
BUT, the low of the cycle varied enough that I bought the MAY 85's on Tuesday....I've got a nice head-start now:)
What are we going to do if the mReits exdividends coincide with the mlp's?
Hey Doc, end of this month your favorite third world waterwell driller gets a contribution of 1% of my gains since 4-1-12. GFA
I'm looking to layer in more Line May 36 Calls next week. @ 1.70 again. If we have a small correction in the market, it will be there. Also we are getting closer to Doc's April 16 date.
Short BMY --- Long Line
I started layering into LINE and KMP this week. The only concern I have is Line hasn't SPOed for awhile,does the spinoff of LNCO eliminate the need for SPO's?KMP SPOed in feburary,so no concerns there.
The acquisition of Berry was all stock/partnership interest, so that shouldn't force an SPO since there's no cash component I'm aware of.
I don't know if on-going operations would require an SPO or not. I opened a small position when we were still above 37. I'm waiting to see if we get below $36 before loading up.
Lots of time before XD, but its looking good so far (isn't everything?). I have 300 May 36 & 300 May 35 contracts. I will watch for Doc's April 16th entry. If we pull back below my avg cost, than I'll buy more. If not, I'll probably ride it out.
Hope we get $39!
Hi sabolsteven, you gotta love it, I,m sitting on May 35s with a BE of 37.05 up a buck already and we have some time to go. I dont think we will see much pull back before XDIV but I will also be watching APRIL 16 and have some firepower in reserve. Good luck to us all. Bow
April 16th is my entry date. Historically 14 days B4 EX is the highest percent win on the run to EX. I am waiting for it to come to me. Early entry eats Theta. Good luck to all longs!