After today's pull back, I'll be looking at LINE MAY 36 Call Options for a Friday or Monday purchase.. For the May X-DIV. Now, the $36 is in the money almost $1.00. Cost 1.70 What do you all think?
Doc !! All energy companies were up today except Endridge. The Alerian MLP index was up 1.5%. If the rest of the market recovers capital will flow back ,I hope. If the Keystone Pipeline is approved KNP should hit $100+ this year..
I posted this earlier, but didn't show up
I ran numbers on KMP buying at the closing price of X-30 and selling at closing price of x-2. Average gain was 3.95 (6%), and not a single miss in 20 quarters..
Assuming EX date is about April 25th, so March 25th looks like a good one!
BUT, the low of the cycle varied enough that I bought the MAY 85's on Tuesday....I've got a nice head-start now:)
What are we going to do if the mReits exdividends coincide with the mlp's?
Hey Doc, end of this month your favorite third world waterwell driller gets a contribution of 1% of my gains since 4-1-12. GFA
I started layering into LINE and KMP this week. The only concern I have is Line hasn't SPOed for awhile,does the spinoff of LNCO eliminate the need for SPO's?KMP SPOed in feburary,so no concerns there.
The acquisition of Berry was all stock/partnership interest, so that shouldn't force an SPO since there's no cash component I'm aware of.
I don't know if on-going operations would require an SPO or not. I opened a small position when we were still above 37. I'm waiting to see if we get below $36 before loading up.
April 16th is my entry date. Historically 14 days B4 EX is the highest percent win on the run to EX. I am waiting for it to come to me. Early entry eats Theta. Good luck to all longs!
Lots of time before XD, but its looking good so far (isn't everything?). I have 300 May 36 & 300 May 35 contracts. I will watch for Doc's April 16th entry. If we pull back below my avg cost, than I'll buy more. If not, I'll probably ride it out.
Hope we get $39!
Hi sabolsteven, you gotta love it, I,m sitting on May 35s with a BE of 37.05 up a buck already and we have some time to go. I dont think we will see much pull back before XDIV but I will also be watching APRIL 16 and have some firepower in reserve. Good luck to us all. Bow
I'm looking to layer in more Line May 36 Calls next week. @ 1.70 again. If we have a small correction in the market, it will be there. Also we are getting closer to Doc's April 16 date.
Short BMY --- Long Line