Here's some of the historic firsts Obama gets credit for:
• First President to Violate the War Powers Act (Unilaterally Executing American Military Operations in Libya Without Informing Congress In the Required Time Period - Source: Huffington Post)
• First President to Triple the Number of Warrantless Wiretaps of U.S. Citizens (Source: ACLU)
• First President to Sign into Law a Bill That Permits the Government to "Hold Anyone Suspected of Being Associated With Terrorism Indefinitely, Without Any Form of Due Process. No Indictment. No Judge or Jury. No Evidence. No Trial. Just an Indefinite Jail Sentence" (NDAA Bill - Source: Business Insider)
• First President to Refuse to Tell the Public What He Did For Eight (8) Hours After Being Informed That a U.S. Ambassador Was Facing Imminent Death During a Terror Attack (Source: Mediate)
• First President to Lie About the Reason For an Ambassador's Death, Blaming it on an Internet Video Rather Than What He Knew to be the Case: the Al Qaeda-linked Terror Group Ansar al-Sharia (Source: House Oversight Committee, et. al.)
• First President to Have an Innocent Filmmaker Thrown in Jail After Lying About the Cause for a Deadly Attack on U.S. Diplomats, Using the Filmmaker as a Scapegoat (Source: CNN)
thom ,Great job, thing that really amazes me ,Americas media, although knowing facts like this & never run them non-stop for weeks, they cover for Oh Golden one--Obama the cheat & Ly artist! You forgot his sealed records of Illinois ARD ,regarding his representation of slum lords, subsequently getting ultimatum of not renewing license or being disbarred!
He's the first American president to actually deal with terrorism. Bush did nothing to prevent 9/11 and then invaded two countries for no purpose. The War Powers Act was not violated because Libya was a NATO operation.
Benghazi conspiracy theories not with standing, the facts are that 4 people went to an area that was not secure and were killed. Only right wing morons would start a war over that.
So, the U.S. should not have intervened militarily in Afghanistan after 9/11 to smash Al Q'aeda and the Taliban? You would have ordered a group therapy session and/or a heart-to-heart talk over tea instead?
"Bush did nothing to prevent 9/11 ..." and neither did Clinton since the planning for 9/11 started during the Clinton administration. I am the last to be expected to defend the Bush administration but there is a shared ineptitude on this issue.