This stock has risen from the abyss , take a look at your convenience. SVO.TO has a market cap of 275 million 75 million in cash similiar enterprise value as PKT. They had a excellent Q4.
Sandvine reports Q4 2012 results
WATERLOO, ON, Jan. 10, 2013 /CNW/ - Sandvine, (SVC.TO); (SAND.L) a leading provider of intelligent network policy control solutions for fixed and mobile operators, today reported $27.5 million in revenue for its fourth quarter of 2012, non-IFRS income of $6.9 million and net income of $6.5 million . During the quarter the Company recorded a one-time, $3.8 million reduction in operating expenses for Ontario government funding related to its ongoing project under the Next Generation of Jobs Fund.
Full year results included revenue of $87.9 million and a non-IFRS loss of $2.7 million (net loss of $5.0 million ). All results are reported in U.S. dollars under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), unless otherwise specified.
Q4 2012 highlights:
• Revenue by access technology market: wireless 48%; DSL 35%; cable 17%
• Revenue by geography: NA 44%; APAC 26%; EMEA 18%; CALA 12%
• Revenue by sales channel: reseller 78%; direct 22%
• Gross margin: 71%
• Cash, cash equivalents and short-term investments balance: $74.6 million
• Announced significant initial orders from new Tier 1 customers:
• A converged North American operator deploying service creation, business intelligence and traffic optimization solutions in the fixed and mobile networks
• A converged, multinational, Western European operator group deploying business intelligence and traffic optimization in the fixed line network of its home country
• Since its Q3 results announcement, Sandvine has announced over $18.0 million in expansion orders from major existing customers
• Won nine new service provider customers.
"We are pleased with fourth quarter results as they demonstrate ongoing progress in revenue growth and profitability," said Dave Caputo , Sandvine's President and CEO. "Total revenue and wireless market revenue were at record levels, driven by large initial orders from two new Tier 1 customers and large expansion orders from major existing customers, which has been a key area of focus for us in 2012."
Interesting that you bring up SVC.
Here is my take.
A) Total Revenue of these 3 pureplay DPI players and Procera's increasing share within that. This is how it is looking like 2010-2011-2012
- Revenue increase (Total of 4 pure play ALLT+SVC+PKT)
2010 - $167 Mil PKT share 12% (PKT $ 20 mil, and SVC leading $89 Mil)
2011 - $212 Mil PKT share 21% (PKT $ 44 mil, and SVC leading $89 Mil, but stagnant)
2012 - $212 Mil PKT share 26% (PKT $ 62 mil, and SVC leading $88 Mil, but stagnant). Thought Allot has reached over 100 Million in revenue, procera has made inroads with grabbing the market share in a total increasing market, from SVC. While Allot's market share of this total has steadily gone up from 34% to 37% to 40%. Still Procera's market share grab is significant.
While the overall combined market of these 3 pureplay has been increasing at a rate of about 30% on an average, the growth of Procera's market share increase is significant.
So if this trend continues, we should see Procera reaching upwards of $85 million in a total of $300 Million Revenue. Market should reward this.
Peter - But you are right SVC is making a comeback in the game and their stock is being rewarded.