Yes, you are correct, the economy is recovering. I will grant you that. Your suggestion to give the unspent TARP money back to the taxpayers is not well thought out. Why give back money that will have to be borrowed? The Government would have to borrow the $300 billion before it can be used as an economy stimulus.
US default is not an option.
Remember, I wrote it here...
Congress will stake a claim on all the
IRA accounts, so they can 'redistribute the wealth' and pay down the massive debt.
Next step will be to TAX the ROTH IRA accounts,
so they can 'redistribute the wealth'.
They will not stop at taxing the rich,
for the rich are outnumbered by the rest of us.
Just look back to 1985, Congress was in need of cash, they stopped all IRA deductions and that stopped many from saving for retirement.
They did it and they will do it again on a
larger scale by attacking the ROTH.
1) I'm not Dave Wrench, stop referring to me as that person. A person such as he wouldn't waste time smurfing message boards.
2) Again, your emotional rant is about moving everything to the plant in Canada, maybe they will, maybe they won't, at any rate, the decisions apparently have been made. My point is you seem to believe that the Freeland facility is the golden goose, it's not, your ass has been handed to you every year by plants without a union. Ouch!! that has to hurt.
3) I have to assume your talking about McCullough who "left Enodis in debt". mmmm he purchased Scottsman ice and paid off the debt in 3 years free and clear. And he hasn't retired.
4) Your reference to Freeland being the "money maker" of the company is highly subjective, have you seen books for the other companies?
5) If you know so much about the goings on, you would know that it was NOT spelled "Welbuilt", but "Welbilt", a company started by Richard Hersch, corporate HQ in New Hyde Park NY. What other information have you posted that might be wrong?
Good Day and good luck, I have proved my point with facts, forget the beer, enjoy your crow.
Free Online Spell Checker. Fast and Accurate Results. No Software Required.
OrSpell Check Your Text
Language: English (change)
Actually Mr. Wrench you should know that the plant is only 10 minutes from I80&I81m so your "in the middle of nowhere? How many times have you been there? comment doesn't match reality! Also is it really such a huge assumption to think some of the product will be heading to Toronto? According to what I am hearing it is! What a mistake! The plant here IS unionized, yes, it's been since 1974. And also the most efficient and productive plant in your food service organization! This is past people loosing jobs, THIS JUST DON'T MAKE SENSE! Higher pay rates in Canada, UNION SHOP in Canada, poor performace in Canada! Building NOT OWNED in Canada. Import and Export tax in Canada. Oh, wait, U Work in Canada, the president of the Garland Group works in Canada...Feed Manitowoc more of your BS. It's different when a team goes down because they failed! But when they go down winners it JUST DON'T ADD UP! Maybe if you didn't sell the other building the winners wouldn't be in this situation. If you didn't move the range line to your facility winners wouldn't be in this situation. (The ranges that went from a 5 day 2 shift operation in Freeland, to a 3 day operation in Canada) A little to pricey for the competition making them up in Canada then shipping them to Freeland to distribute in the USA? Oh, that's if you can get them to Freeland on time! Best interest of Manitowoc or best interest of the 3 Kings in Canada that don't want to be inconvenienced! Just like the last one that retired GARBAGE! Left Enodis in debt, Manitowoc is about to be led down the same dark alley listening to your team! Remember Garland Freeland used to be Welbuilt CORPORATE! You guys took over and did nothing but rob the money maker! A 30 YEARS BEHIND THE TIMES OPERATION THAT OUT PRODUCES YOUR FACILITY! Invest some money into a place that's bought and paid for and that's a PROVEN WINNER! Not a leased building out of the USA that can't even produce on a 3 day a week work load! I can't believe MCDONALS of all corporations would allow thier produtcs to be produced outside the country!
"Good morning Mr. Wrench, former CFO of Enodis. I am slightly confused about your comments on Frymaster. I am certain that the "LUV" deal almost bit the dust because of problems in the field, NOT PILOT RUNS. Mr. Wrench, this is not just "BS'n AT THE BAR"."
Yes you are very much confused;
- It's not "LUV", it is "LOV" (Low Oil Volume)
LUV was a P.O.S. mini truck the GM tried to sell in the 70's.
The LOV is a new technology that many fryer companies are chasing, there are several releases by Frymaster and other companies (Henny Penny). They all have had issues, some worse than others. Frymasters problems were mainly caused by a company called Restaurant Technologies Inc, whose design on a 3 way valve was causing the pump in the Frymaster fryer to fail. The sediment was causing the valve to jam. Frymasters answer was to design their own valve system into the fryer (one that does not get clogged) so now the RTI systems plugs hoses directly into the rear of the fryers, without the badly designed RTI 3 way valve.
-McDonalds was prepared for bumps in the road, the breakdown was that RTI refused to fix the problem, so Frymaster fixed it for them. The new LOV's are shipping now, and the WSJ just reported that McDonalds will be expanding with new store AND refurbishing 2000 old stores (this means new equipment, and it will be Frymaster LOV fryers, Garland Grills, Delfield smoothie machines)
- The plant in Freeland is frankly in the middle of nowhere, the infastructure in the area and the plant itself is 30 years behind the times. Plus it's unionized, not good.
You assume that it the products made in Freeland are moving to Toronto? You are making a huge assumption here.
- I've challenged you with facts, not emotional babbling. So belly up and buy me a beer. You attacked the other companies because yours is being closed, a natural reaction I guess, but your previous post was not factual, (imagine that? on a message board?)
Again, I'm sorry to hear about the plant closing, mainly for the employees, this economy is hurting everyone. No one wants to see anyone lose their jobs, period.
i think we should continue the bush doctrine more war less tax on the top 10% more tax on the other 90% those mother fuckers are eatin to much anyway that would take care of that pesky co2 problem and they would nt have enough energy to go vote come on people ya gotta admit it s a good idea god bless america make em have babies that way they ll starve off faster lot of good ideas lets hear some more 200 a barrel for oil good for the 10% stop that 90% from talkin to each other. tax the internet but make it tax deductible for the top 10 stop the 90 from learnin anything only allow fox into their homes so they ll want to kill themselves hope to see some more ideas