Lead the D-Day charge as the tip of the spear on the beaches of Normandy. Destroy Nazi positions and capture key objectives as you battle to liberate France from Hitler’s forces.
SEE AND FEEL THE ACTION!
The ultimate 3rd person shooter with stunning console quality visuals, precise controls, advanced physics and destructibles. Jump in the heat of battle and push your device to the limit!
LEAD THE INVASION OF EUROPE!
Experience WW2 action as you storm the beaches of Normandy, advance through unique environments and attack Nazi strongholds.
USE COVER POINTS!
Emerge from destructible cover points to kill waves of Nazis, tanks and heavily defended enemy bunkers.
COMMAND AN ARSENAL OF DEADLY WEAPONS!
Take to the frontline with an artillery of assault rifles, sniper rifles, ack-ack, grenades, bazookas, med kits and more!
Frontline Commando: D-Day is free to play, but you can choose to pay real money for some extra items, which will charge your iTunes account. You can disable in-app purchasing by adjusting your device settings.
Do you think that GLU can break even after Q1 2013? There will be some major releases in Q1 such as Gun Bros 2, Mobsters and Gangsters, Frontline Commando D-Day and probably a hype Blammo game like stardom: the A-list (probably an Hollywood sequel???)
Hopefully, the new president of studios handles well the monetization of all those games and the losers.
Too early to tell by for me q1 2013 is there last chance. They cannot have a repeat of the last 6 months. Here is how I see the release slate based on games in beta testing. However, remember de masi said they would update their rerelease slate after ricchotti did his full review so I am not 100% sure on what wil truly launch.
1). Gun bros 2 - huge user base, currently 5 star in Canada. Must be a smash hit for 1 to be profitable. I expect a mid-end January launch based on 3 months in testing.
2) mobsters and gangstas - first major pvp game also a legacy game. Should be and must be big. Probably early January launch. Glu actually just started offering special sales on the original game big time gangsta, this is likely being done to increase awareness on the franchise again before the launch.
3) age of fate - been in testing for months. It's an RPG card playing game which are very popular and holy addictive. Unfortunately, glu is about 9 months late to the party and mobage/dena have this arena locked down. I'm gonna say this one is a flop. Hope to be wrong as the genre is highly profitable.
4) mobster shoot out - flop, wouldn't be surprised if this game is cut. No story, concept or gameplay to cause players to become addicted and willing to spend money.
5) dragon storm - this game is an MMO which basically means massive multiplayer. This game is very similar to kingdom of Camelot which ricchotti made into a 20 million dollar annual franchise. To me this could be the gamechanger if done properly. I'd bet ricchottis hands are all over this game. Glu needs this one to be a smash hit in the worse way.
6) small city - another pvp/MMO game similar to small street. I personally doubt this one does much but e early reviews are positive.
7). Frontline - wont launch until march most likely and may be an early q2 release. Beta typically takes 3 months but I'm expecting that to increase as they try to fix monetization upon launch. Will be successful and the graphics look amazing, but do t count this one in q1 revs.
Overall the game design and gameplay looks improved over flying hams and pet dragons, but honestly, that wasn't hard to beat. I am cautiously optimistic especially after the ckzombies 2 debacle of going from free to premium and back to free in a 7 day stretch. Tells me management still doesn't have monetization figured out.