Below are examples of why GLUU is floundering and needs new management:
From the cc:
1. "we are electing to hold the release of Frontline Commando 2 and Motocross Meltdown until Q1 2014"
They can't release games on time, slow, incomplete, bugs,....
2. "third-party revenues are ramping more slowly than anticipated"
Always making excuses for why they are failing. "lower than anticipated", "longer than anticipated", "less than anticipated", ... A theme that's been on-going for YEARS.
3. "our third-party publishing program has moved slower than expected"
Typical.....everything they do is less than, slower than, smaller than, later than expected...
4. "the program’s initial focus on China would not scale"
I guess China isn't what they expected either...
5. "non-GAAP gross margin was 66%, down slightly from 69% during the second quarter and down slightly from our guidance"
Margins dropping, need I say more...
6. "During Q3 we used $5.9 million of cash in operating activities "
Cash burn growing
7. "We currently expect Deer Hunter 2014 to account to close to half of the total non-GAAP revenues based on the performance to date"
Can anyone say "one hit wonder"?
8. "OpEx for the fourth quarter is expect to be approximately $22.8 million"
This is up from $19.1 in 3rd quarter.
9. "we expect our cash balance at the end of 2013 to be approximately $27.7 million or flat quarter-to-quarter"
I'll translate for you. Even with the explosion of DH14 the best we can do is breakeven earnings and flat cash flow.
10. "the remaining game will launch by the end of the year"
Another end of quarter release which will not help revenues for current quarter. This is a good excuse to say that NEXT quarter will be better than the current disappointing quarter. Why is it always NEXT quarter will be better??
11. "Full year revenue will be in the range of $102 million to $103 million"
Don't forget this is the new accounting, to compare to last years revenues, deduct 25% (approx). What a joke!
wow you really don't get what is going on here, book the gain congrats you shorted lightning in a bottle and made 40 cents, stock can easily trade back to 52 week highs with the continued strength of DH and today's launch of the Zombie update, margins will be up in 4Q due to increased first party games %, and DH guidance for $15MM for 4Q seems too lowball as IOS will do that alone based on end of Sept. run rates. They could double their guidance on DH due to Android and other countries and you could be looking at a $40-45MM top line in 4Q way ahead of guidance.