Tue, Sep 30, 2014, 6:58 PM EDT - U.S. Markets closed

Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Charter Financial Corporation Message Board

  • munchyman1 munchyman1 Aug 10, 2006 5:13 PM Flag

    Charter Div

    + Chfn pays .45 on Sept 7 to holders of record on Aug 25. Div is currently .45 per quarter.

    + CHFN has adjusted tangible book value of around $63+ (They were Mutual Bank, They went public, but only sold 20% of their shares to public, and a mutual holding corp holds the remaining 80%, If they were to sell off the remaining 80%, the original 20% would be worth roughly $63 per share)

    + CHFN makes more money just on Freddy Mac Dividends alone than they pay out to share holders, so in the past they have given bonus dividends

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • good time to buy and book at 45cent div , fair value now with friendly fed is high 30's low 40's

      rates are coming down making chfn yield attractive

      and who knows maybe even freedie could get a move on one of these years! 5 years of nothing! in fact down from 68 to 60 atrociious preformance in past future may yield better maybe IN GREEN 10% a year would be nice..?? fre beaten to a pulp !

 
CHFN
10.70-0.27(-2.46%)Sep 30 4:00 PMEDT

Trending Tickers

i
Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.