...in the next 2-3 years the internet stocks that
are very profitable will be the new leaders. ADBE is
a perfect fit here. The best part is that they are
only a $1 billion revenue company and have much room
for growth...worldwide. All of the discussions about
broad-band will allow Adobe products to be more efficient
and common place....This is a 2-3 year hold at least.
I expect we will be seeing another 2-for-1 split in
one's own judgement. I have countless examples to
to wait for "just two more points" before I buy,
only to miss a 10 bagger two years down the road. I
have resigned to "buy at market" if I really like the
stock. Got in at 108. Sold Jan 125 calls at 8. Plan to
add to my position on Monday if prices goes
You once posted the link to check globex futures and
I bookmarked it. I have since reloaded my OS and no
longer have that site. Will you post it
I'm very hopeful this will pan out. My ONLY
concern is the general market. Although over the past few
days the prognosis is good for ADBE. It hasn't gotten
caught up in the downdraft at well. In fact, it is
showing great strength in a toppy market.
original position is now fairly deep into the black. Quite
honestly, I held back some funds as I typically nibble
first before taking the plunge. I was hopeful for a dip
to allocate additional funds. I got the dip the day
before earnings (-$10) but didn't react. The nervous
nellies gave me my opportunity and I hesitated. If there
is any phobia I possess after many years of
investing, its my tendency to hesitate.
may offer another opportunity to buy additional at
cheaper prices on Monday. Globex currently down pretty
good and another 6.5 aftershock hit Taipai. The chip
and PC hardware stocks will take it on the chin again
Monday and may result in putting some pressure on ADBE.
Although, that pressure has been absent over the past
Time will tell, I just may give up and allocate more
early next week.
Good luck to
Call me crazy, but I went ahead and bought
some more Adobe on margins and would do so again if
stock goes below $107/-. Based on my limited knowledge
of market and Adobe's earnings for the next
quarters, I decided to increase my position in Adobe for a
short while (for at least 6 to 9 months). Adobe's
earning estimates for next year has been raised
dramatically to $3.75/- (high estimates) and which adobe will
beat easily. Based on 3.75 and p/e of 40 (TTM) Adobe's
should be trading at $150/- or more pre-split same time
next year. I think Adobe will be growing tremendously
(more than 20%) next year. I think to sustain same
growth rate (20%) for the year 2001 and 2002 Adobe
should take some measures (either to maintain the growth
rate or to invest in future products to sustain the
same growth rate), otherwise analyst will raise the
bar too high for Adobe to reach. Any
TraderJim what do you think what happened to market on
Thursday? Is it the last correction for year 2000 or still
more to come? S&P looks terrible?
Investors will be keeping a sharp eye on U.S. retail sales
data slated for release on Tuesday, and U.S. consumer
price data on Wednesday. So next Thursday we will see
where the market is headed.
OT: I bought some Intuit
after the big dip yesterday, please comment if it is a
potentially good buy or disastrous. I highly value the
opinions of posters on this board. INTU board is not very
BTW what happened to Akibono, it has been long time
since we heard anything from him? Are you still around?
Miss opinion differences between Akibono and
Sorry for the long post, I know it is boring but I have
nothing to do.
Stock possesses all the attributes to head
higher. From a business fundamental standpoint it lacks
nothing. It has a dominate position in the marketplace,
outstanding array of brand new products, strong cash
position, rapidly increasing earnings, positive earning
surprises, no long-term debt, strong management, and great
alliances. It has all the ingredients to become a 3-4 bagger
in the next couple of years.
ADBE right now possesses some of my favorite
attributes. 1) positive revenue and positive earnings
revisions, 2) relative strength after an earnings report
(especially the last 2 days), and 3) a stock split. Looks
like ADBE is heading higher.
Hold the stock. To some extent, I am pleasently
surprised the general market malaise hasn't carried the
stock down a touch. I won't be surprised at all to see
a run for the mid 120's prior to split record date
which is Oct. 4
This equity is a keeper for a
minimum of two years. Rule of thumb from many years of
investing. Ride your winners until business fundamentals
become negative (ADBE doesn't fit this criteria, they
are just beginning to fire on all cylinders), dump
your losers before they become big
People are an interesting breed, they're quick to dump
the winners (thereby proclaiming victory) and slow to
dump the losers (ego and not wanting to admit they are
wrong). This mentality typically results in no meaningful
gain over time.
Another option if you want to
protect some profit is to sell an amount that would
result in letting you ride with the house's money. Only
problem with that is you leave money on the table if it
continues to rise.
Bear in mind that ADBE still
trades below its respective industry multiple. Since its
a leader I believe it will eventually trade at a
premium to its industry P/E. That price is much higher
than we currently are parked at.
I agree with the first response given but what to
take it a bit further. A company does not causally
split there stock in order to give us folks out there
double amounts. Rather what the company is saying is our
stock is at a point where it might become unattractive
to future investments, and saying we are expecting
future growth. If you will take a look at ADBE's last 5
Q's you will see they have had to trim the
fat(reduction in force), while improving there product line
with Acrobat, Photoshop, GoLive and InDesign to name a
few. I think Adobe has put them selves in a position
to see growth in the stock after the split since
FY99 comes to a close NOV 30. Considering Adobe has
had excellent profits for 3 of the 4 Q's of FY99 and
the 4th Q presently should see good revenues I would
think your 42 a share stock which is going to double
October 26th will see a good increase. If you at the end
of FY99 feel it is a risky investment, and the stock
is (which i bet it will be) above your original 42 a
share then think about your options of selling it all,
or part or 1/2 and reinvesting else where. However
you choose I think you will have one thing to say..
it is profit and you will not be unhappy with it...
Good luck in whatever you choose.