that are up 50%. Idiot! 1) GEM about to shine- with the big investment from Goog they have the hottest product of the year. They have the potential to monopolize imagery with Apple. GOOG, INTC and MSFT. How about the list of HIMX customers? -( the WHO's who in technology. ) The stock is a little piece of coal that about to shine. Volume now trades 10 times what it did several months ago only now being discovered. This could be the stock of the year. The stocks stable drives , timing controller, power technologies, and touch technologies make this a strong buy. ITS NOT a speculation play but solid investment as GOOG and INTEL are socking money in it.
2) Pays a July dividend
2) Only spent $13.4 of $25 million share buyback as of YE 2012
3) Analysts expecting 2014 of $1 billion in revenue and $0.52/share earnings which is 30%/year from 2012. Put a 25 PE on these earnings and you have a $13 stock in less than 2 years and you want to short at $6.26? Or.... Getting the huge product of the year contract and all bets off . &&&&& to the moon.
4) HIMX just finished investor's conferences and average shares traded went from 200,000 to over 2 million and share price more than doubles.
5) BofA has price target of $8 - expect other upgrades-
6) Misquotes/misrepresents Karl Guttag.... GOMES had it right. Niether are company insiders and thus not an absolute authority in any regard. Read the companies FACT sheets-
7) Company hints GOMES connected- Company statements-"were working with several companies and not just Google "(from their 4Q 2012 transcript): "But it’s on head-mounted display and there are now head-mounted display applications that we are working along with a few leading players in the world." AND THIS "We are working with several top tier customers to develop new head-mounted display products using our LCOS panels. We shipped some early volumes for customers pilot runs in the fourth quarter of 2012. We expect early stage shipment in 2013"
8) BUILDING their customers and a stable base of blue chip companies with secure products . Steller and margin expanding base business and contracts. Growth opportunities (from 4Q 2012 transcript) "Beyond handsets, we are expanding our product offering to cover large panel for [TV] applications, targeting both international and China white-box markets. Awarded four new tablet projects from brand customer. We are confident that touchpanel controller will continue to deliver growth in 2013 through many new customers in smartphone, tablet and Win 8 laptop applications. 9) New technologies- We are working with (several top tier customers) to develop new head-mounted display products using our LCOS panels. We shipped some early volumes for customers pilot runs in the fourth quarter of 2012. We expect early stage shipment in 2013, in addition we are still working with numerous partners to create new type of projector applications using our LCOS microdisplays.
10) Better margins - We remain committed to long-term development of LCOS microdisplay and its exciting new applications. With all these new developments and design wins of non-driver products, we expect that our non-driver businesses will continue to account for increasing percentage of our sales and contribute to overall gross margin improvement in 2013. The non-driver products represent our best long-term growth engine. "
9) Google will own a total of up to 14.8% in HDI. Himax Technologies, Inc. holds 81.5% of HDI at present and will remain the major shareholder of HDI after the transaction. Google will join the core group of HDI shareholders including KPCB Holdings, Inc., Khosla Ventures I, L.P. and Intel Capital Corporation. Himax Display has been a great partner for several years now,” a Google spokesman in Asia said. “This investment is an extension of this partnership, which we hope will allow the team to continue to develop their operations.”
10) Google is a preeminent global technology leader. We are delighted to receive this investment and to form a strategic partnership with Google," stated Jordan Wu, President and Chief Executive Officer of Himax. "Beginning the second quarter of this year, we had already begun expanding capacity to meet demand for our LCOS product line.
11) Apple said to drop Samsung, turn to Innolux for iPad mini displays
By Kevin Bostic
Innolux Corp. may benefit from the ongoing strife between Samsung and Apple, as the iPad maker is said to be dropping the latter in favor of the former as a supplier of touch displays for its iPad mini. Innolux a leading is a Dispay driver customer- 12) FROM the 2013 HIMX Fact sheet: HIMX is a World leader in display driver IC, covering all panel
makers for all applications ...................... The customer list is a who's who in technology==== - InnoLux, Sharp,JDI. Timing controllers- Acer, Sharp, HP, Dell . Power Management- TCL. Asic Processors- Sharp Sony MSFT, TCL, Philips. Touch Controllers- HTC NEC, Epson. CMOS Sensor customers- HP, Lenovo, Sony, ASUS, MOT, Coolpad. Wafer level Optics- Sharp, Foxcon, Huawei 13) DEMAND- HIMX contracts out their manufacturing so it would be a function of working with existing fab plants to get more space or contract with additional fab plants wherever they are in the world which have the capability and have space to help meet the demand.
Google uses Himax’s chips in Google Glass, which has yet to be made available to the public, according to The Wall Street Journal.
15) FURTHER research $$$$$$$$$ Expanding goog partnership= The purpose of the investment is to fund production upgrades, expand capacity and further enhance production capabilities at HDI's facilities that produce liquid crystal on silicon ("LCOS") chips and modules used in applications including head-mounted display (HMD) such as Google Glass, head-up display (HUD) and pico-projector products. Under the Agreement, Himax will also invest additional amount in HDI to fund its ongoing capacity expansion.
16) Himax predicts that in 2013 it will gain new leading smartphone brand customers; penetrate tablet, IP Cam, and automotive application markets. Cross platform transfer of APPcesories infotainment data.
17) Newer technologies and Apps want the best and strongest picture This is great for HIMX- It is increasingly hard to find dividend stocks with very low PEG ratios, for both 2013 and 2014.
18) HIMX looks very undervalued on a PEG basis: a 2013 PEG of just .39, a 2014 PEG of only .38, following up on 400% EPS growth in 2012. Fundamentally this stock is a winner.... Margins improve with new technologies and one of a kind demand- ninche
19) Future proof- They supply to the big three phone makers (really big two of Foxconn/Apple & Samsung and then surprising #3 Huawei). They also have the major display manufacturers as customers of Sharp and then #3 maker and 14.9% owner Chimei Immulux. CMOS Image Sensors they sell to HUWEI, Lenovo, MOT and HP. HIMX has a great clientele.
20) ASER , ASUS ,HP,DELL, Sharp for timing controls. Industry trends toward higher resolution is good for us. Higher resolution will not only benefit our revenue but also gross margin." (HIMX's gross margin improved to 23.1% in 2012, vs. 19.8% in 2011, and rose to 24.6% in Q1 2013.) 21) STRONG SUCCESS-HIMX has been increasing its customer base and focusing their R&D in finding innovations to decrease its COGS, will continually improve its solid YOY performance with the income and balance sheets.
Himax has 1,762 patents granted and 1,397 patents pending approval worldwide as of December 31, 2012. 22) PRODUCT WISE -they supply sensors and solutions for used in TVs, laptops, monitors, mobile phones, tablets, digital cameras, car navigation, and many other devices. 23) The catalyst going forward will be performance- Technicals-top and bottom growth- DEMAND with the technology trend and ramping - China and international brand markets, we have won further design-wins from
leading global brands, where we will start shipment from Q4. 24) The future is clearer and the resolution of the devices is HIMX- The last call- , CEO Jordan Wu stated, "Also adding to (our) growth were our pilot shipments of LCOS microdisplays for the new and exciting head-mounted display application." In subsequent discussions with Himax, we asked about its availability of transmissive color-filter LCOS chips for head-mounted displays such as Google's.** 25) ****According to Barron's February 16th article The Coming Smartphone Slowdown, a recent analysis from JP Morgan estimates that global shipment growth for smartphone will grow 37% for 2013 and 17% for 2014. 26) Canalys estimates that over 330 thousand smart watches were shipped in 2012, led by Sony and Motorola. Kickstarter-backed Pebble technology has joined Sony as a market leader in 2013; over 500 thousand units will be shipped this year. Smart watches are then set to explode by the end of 2014, growing tenfold as a new generation of devices from Apple, Google, Microsoft, Samsung and others are launched.
You must mean amateurs like GOOG and intel who own the most. Go away little boy this is a mans stock full of to tech and could be the stock of the year. Amateurs are buying with the big boys that know the industry better then you or I.
Yeah, cause yahoo boards are soo representative of te shareholders of this stock. ALL the shareholders who've been accumulating the last few days are on this board. did you not know that? Yahoo finance boards are meaningless and have been for years.... Since I m at a computer for my job, I bash, I pump, It's fun. Have fun not being a holder of this stock if that's what your getting at, can't really tell.