Does this mean Immunology will go the way of Oncology? Will unproductive projects be slashed along with the people who work on them? Could it be a pruning of dead wood? Maybe just a focus on new projects and bringing in new blood that could be very fruitful for BIIB and its shareholders.
While waiting for FDA decision in December on BIIB, buy TLON for PDUFA August 12.
The PDUFA date for Marqibo is August 12th, however, a decision could happen at any time between now and that date. Its apparent that CEO Steven Deitcher is quite confident of an an "approval" given the fact he has already set into motion the structure that will allow Marqibo to be commercialized. As I've followed this sector of the stock market over many years, the one thing I've noticed is that whenever extensions are granted by the FDA as was done recently for Marquibo, it more often than not leads to a positive FDA decision and that is what I expect here. The FDA woould not have granted an extension if they had good reason to kill this product at an earlier time. With over 30 days to the scheduled decision date, that gives the shares of TLON an opportunity to advance through the interim. One look at the recent volume here tells you there is exceptional interest by the invesment community. I fully expect TLON to be knocking on the $1.65/share door (the previous recent high recorded on 4-29-11) very soon and then to continue advancing to the $2.00 to $3.00 range prior to the decision date. What happens after Marqibo is approved is anyone's guess. It could well explode to much higher share values given the immense potential going forward. Hang on, folks. This is going to be a fun type ride.