Ok--I broke off a chunk of TMA and bought Visa a few weeks ago. Did very well. Someone tell me one reason why I shouldn't sell the rest. I know if I sell, the next day it will jump to $4.50. Maybe I should put the "kiss of death" on it and insure it will go up--haha. Seriously, anyone out there have a valid reason why this may go up in the next two months? This is a slow burn for me--I need a rocket stock--don't we all?
I value most of your ideas...what would you do?
That sounds like a sound idea...selling off part of your holdings for something with more potential in the short term.
I may do this myself. Not sure. I do know that I will vote FOR the dilution. It's good for the company AND it allows them a better chance to recover its portfolio value (therefore increasing the companies value).
These guys still lend to the wealthy who are not in the crisis that the sub-prime market customers are in.
Its hard to recommend or give advice when you do not know other things about your portfolio and your Thornburg position. When it comes to losses its about making the best of them. Being that we are far from year end there really isn't any need to book losses and or need to feel pressured to do anything. Today was good. Personally I'd have a hard time selling after seeing it come off its lows today. Listen to others on here though and they will tell you to sell because the sky is falling and well they regurgitate everything that is old news. Before you sell think of the average retail investor who doesn't know anything other than what they read in the news. You think they are selling? You bet they are. Who is buying? Those that know this. Finally remember for every seller there is a buyer so who will be right. Good luck.
Seuss, I gotta tell ya, that avatar of you winking used to really tick me off as I watched my shares of TMA plummetting (of which I just purchased more today at 1.02). Now, it just cracks me up. Seriously, I don't know if you're a paid basher or not, but I'd love to know which stocks you are bullish on- and if you have a website. I still feel this stock is a good looong term hold, but you've been dead on since the first mention of dilution. Even the most hardcore longs should at least give that to you.
I finally got off the wagon today - I tossed 5K shares last week and held on to 2K just in case news broke. I let go of the last 2K today. The certainty of not losing thousands offsets losing a few hundred.
A restrcuctured Bankruptcy may be better if vote doesn't go through. Obviously nobody is going to vote no if it means the company goes under completely. And if they vote to pass it then that's cool too. Either way downside is over.