We must get a grasp of the huge potential of Belviq in both the treatment and prevention of two of the most serious and devastation diseases affecting people globally - obesity and T2DM.
It is a rarity to have one medication with a unique mechanism of action that JUST HAPPENS to be effective against two diseases that are global epidemics and whose morbidity, mortality, and expense
associated with them are staggering.
One must be completely blind to understand this huge marketplace and what is amazing is that there is only one medication that can treat both!!!!
Let me just mention T2DM and it'salarming facts:
1. Prevalence of T2DM in the US is about 8% or about 25 million of the population
2. More than 2 million cases are diagnosed in people older than 20
3. As the dramatic increases in obesity continue, the prevalence of T2DM increases
4. In Western society, people with T2DM are 3x more likely to be hospitalized than nondiabetic persons, it is the leading cause of blindness, accounts for more than 40% of new cases of end-stage renal
disease, the risk of heart disease and stroke id 2-4x higher.
5. Life expectancy is decreased by 10 years in T2DM patients
6. the population of T2DM patients and associated costs will at least double in the next 25 years
7. Presently at least 20% of health care expenditures are related to the treatment of people with diabetes.
And I could go on...
Do not be fooled by the short term antics of wall street - this too shall pass. The need is too great and there a is nothing out there with the duo effects of Belviq.
There is a plenitude of hypoglycemic drugs out there but most are very expensive and inconvenient and with potential serious side effects. AND BELVIQ IS AS EFFECTIVE AND IN SOME CASES
ONLY SLIGHTLY LESS EFFECTIVE WITH REGARD TO LOWERIN HGBA1C LEVELS WITHOUT THE EXPENSE OR INCONVENIENCE!!!
Sentiment: Strong Buy
The Fall medical conferences with doctors reporting results of patients on Belviq will be huge. Expect to see TV commercials this holiday season also as the sales force is ramping up for a good reason.
Thanks Dr Dan .... Is there anyway you could get this info published ...SA, Huff post, NYtimes.....ideas anyone ?? This is easily understood info and the word needs to be spread. ...and BTW I can't believe how lucky we are to still have you as a contributor to this board !
Sentiment: Strong Buy
Thank you Dr. Dan. I've been saying the same thing about T2D and Belviq for months. It's great to have someone with your credibility to drive home those facts and make people understand the significance of Belviq ability to treat multiple diseases and how that will affect acceptance by the medical community.It will be very interesting to learn about the dialog concerning Belviq at upcoming medical confejrences as it is being integrated into treatment plans. I am certain that you will keep us all informed.Thank you very much.