definitely looking nice. This is pure speculation, but I would not be surprised to see a BARDA grant around the corner, maybe for Dengue, Lassa, etc. There have been lots of grants in the news lately..maybe we're next.
I noticed this morning that the stock was testing strong resistance at 3.75 this week. The next resistance is at 3.90 which seems to be holding. it is rather weak and could easily be taken out with some volume here. Next resistance is the 52 week high at 4.60.. I'd like to see a close at/above the current HOD to confirm the breakout.
Here's my concern; market cap of $200M. Volume looks like its only going to be $400k shares above normal. That's a lousy $1.6M in "excess". Unless volume picks up, to me that doesn't indicate much other than some people perhaps buying both stocks looking at a favorable decision on way or another.
The winner pops but the loser's fall won't be as large? Even if Judge Kangaroo again imposes the same equity judgment it goes back to De SC. If SIGA prevails (doubtful given his position), it still goes to DE SC.
So all this creates a trading opportunity but perhaps nothing further.
There's a history of leaked information coming out of the government on this stock. It's not unusual to see low volume moves ahead of news. There are several government agencies that get inside information on the contracts. It may be that another shipment was made to BARDA. I also think there are hedge funds doing paired algo trading on siga/pip. Siga is trading substantially below the 2:1 price ratio to its Siamese twin (PIP).