Mo....I looked at THLD and my general thoughts are as follows:
1. Their competing against CELG and CELG's results in the same indication were pretty bad only providing a 2.8 month survival benefit. THLD's Phase II results for the same indication were something like 1.7 months.
Neither impressive nor probably statistically significant.
2. I don't like combo trials to begin with. Too easy for the non SOC drug to be lost in the results and
not to provide meaningful benefits.
3. Pancreatic cancer is very difficult to treat and show stat significant benefits. Especially in a combo
therapy where the SOC drug is already a known quantity.
4. Seems they've already given away alot of the potential in their first drug to MRK for milestone payments
upwards of 550 million. Problem is milestone payments usually get eaten up in general overhead over time
and really never float down to the bottom line. With MRK deeply involved takeover by someone else seems
doubtful even with good results.
5. Seems like the stock has 100% of the potential downside and only so much of the upside.
Still may need to raise cash. At this juncture too risky for me. Would rather pay $8-$10 for the
stock on some very positive results rather than $4.50 and watch it go to near zero on a failed trial.
Thanks for thinking of me. Good luck on it and others that you may be in!
Yes....SRPT thanks Mush....In from $12.98 on the major sell off day a month or so ago, and yes...Been a homerun year in the bios for me and hopefully for you and others as well. Didn't want to mention it here as some get upset. BUT...speaking of bio homeruns this year.....RLYP...12 to 24 and my single largest holding.....XOMA....$4.17 and sold at $6.12.....TTPH...$9.75 to $12....DRTX from $7.15 to $12......
One loser....ONTX...now $14.80..... Yes...thanks, and will check out THLD!
Now everyone here....Call me a liar...LOL! Too much fun. That's why I HAD to buy
15k shares of this POS at $2.92 just for posting standing on this Board. Love it here!